• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Newbie here

Hi all, I hope I am in the right place. I last played Warhammer about 15+ years ago. I recently got into Age of Sigmar and immediately fell for the fluff of the Flesh-Eater Courts. So I hope this is the right place for a ghoul king, I mean a noble honorable lord who is totally not a deranged cannibal monster, such as myself. The names of the different forums are a bit confusing as I have no idea where to post any discussion about FEC.

Last edited:

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Greetings, brother. You are totally right, CN is the best place a vampire lord could hope for! Feel at home. As for the names... Aye, they can be somewhat confusing, but it only takes some time. The main ones, however, are Gateway to the realms and subforums of the Shyish: To war!

Thank you. Some of the subforum names are a bit odd as to what is in them, and I notice that at least on my PCs the Shyish section doesn't have a hover saying what the forum is about. I can tell/guess from the contents that "Memento Mori" is for Battle Reports, and "Summoning the Deathrattlers" is army lists, "Ethereal Edicts" are rules questions (?), but no clue on "Soulblight Symposium" (which seems to be inactive) and "Understanding the Underworld" but I'd wager a guess that Understanding is general discussion.

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Aye, you are right. Understanding is the general game discussion, Soulblight acts both as another general discussion and everything related to WH in different ways (for example, what people create themselves), and the rest is about different ideas, conversions and such stuff.

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Welcome to the Carpe Noctem. This is a forum devoted to vampires and Death forces in general, both in WHFB and AoS (and not only), so feel free to read and write whatever you fancy - the community is not that big but warm and friendly instead.

Hi MattHogan.
Tell us something about you!
For example, what are you playing (8th, AoS, KoW, 40K...), if you're into painting / sculpting (we have a nice painting challenge), since how much time you're into the hobby, what armies do you play, and so on.
;)