• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Newborn Childe

Hi all! I'm from Uruguay, and I've played Warhammer Fantasy since 2005. I started with Bretonnia, then sold the army and moved on to Chaos Dwarves. I sold that army too and after a couple of years I started collecting Dwarves. I recently travelled to the UK during my honeymoon and visited Nottingham, so I could not miss the opportunity of having a second army. After a visit to both Warhammer World and Mantic HQs in the city, I became the proud owner of a Vampire Counts Army. Came here hoping to catch on some of the different tactics that more seasoned Dark Lords use, and to clear some confusions I may have with the rules now and then.

Jon

Mortarch of Salt
True Blood
Welcome, welcome... it's been so long that I've forgotten if there was ever any sort of welcome wagon tradition, but welcome nonetheless.

From the references to 'Mantic' and 'Vampire Counts' I deduce that you're sticking your lads on square bases, as God and Rick Priestley intended? Good show. (I have nothing against Age of Sigmar mind, it's just not the game I fell in love with.) May you find all that you seek, and a packet of crisps into the bargain.

From the references to 'Mantic' and 'Vampire Counts' I deduce that you're sticking your lads on square bases, as God and Rick Priestley intended? Good show. (I have nothing against Age of Sigmar mind, it's just not the game I fell in love with).
Oh indeed! In Uruguay we play pre-End Times 8th edition still. I don't think that will change soon, fortunately, but I guess at some point we'll try T9A too. Not AoS, ever.

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
Bienvenido al foro :).

I didn't see this topic previously, but I wish I had, as it answers the question that I posed to your in your army list topic.

If you like eighth edition, you may as well stick with it. Age of Sigmar does have it's good points, admittedly, especially in terms of simplifying the rules, but there are disadvantages too, notably what I consider to be the loss of depth and narrative in the game.