• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Niko's all new puny plog

Nikos

Vampire Count
True Blood
As everyone else is starting I thought I had better get mine going. Last one in is a rotten egg as they say xD
And here be my list.....

1 Corpse cart
1 Black coach
1 Orc warboss
1 Giant

Hmmmm... I didnt want to do too much as I've just started a new job and I have other stuff going on but I think I could actually do some more. Is it too late to add a few bits?

Black coach finally gets removed from its box this afternoon

Ork Warboss and standard yet to be primed

And my corpse cart which is ready to go. Where is the giant? He is chilling out in the shop, waiting to be purchased. :slapface:
Best of luck to everyone :thumbsup:

Uhh the above post made no sense?

Good to see some assembling and undercoating going on! I see you have chosen big models rather than large units to paint, is that because you have done all the units already or just prefer it?

Nikos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Xaret said:
Uhh the above post made no sense?

Good to see some assembling and undercoating going on! I see you have chosen big models rather than large units to paint, is that because you have done all the units already or just prefer it?
I'm not sure I understand either. Unless I've been posting in my sleep, which is slightly worrying. Alairauston , was this actually meant for me? xD

The reason I'm going for the larger models is a 30/70 split of wanting to get core out of the way first and being scared of messing them up. Im using this as means of forcing myself to have a go at them.

Nikos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Oh dear, I've been a bit slack of late and have done hardly anything compared to some of you lot. Here is my updated list with the additions that were agreed....

1 Corpse cart
1 Black coach
1 Orc warboss
1 Giant
3 Night Goblin fanatics
16 Orc boys

I've got my giant at last and hopefully the parts I ordered of Bitzbox will turn up this weekend so I can finish converting my Warboss, Im doing to versions of the same character one on foot and one mounted. I put together my black coach tonight and have started the fanatics so I'll put the photos up, hopefully tomorrow. A busy weekend to try and make some ground up! :scared:

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Better late then never, I too am doing a corpse cart it is going to be fun to compare to others. Good luck and keep the idea in mind one at a time.

Nikos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Hmmm didn't quite do as much as I was planning on this weekend but here be my pitiful progress. Yar.

Here are my fanatics, Im going to do them first because they're easy.

Here is the start of my black coach, Which genius desined that by the way? no base and if you put the coffin in you cant get it back out. :slapface: As im doing all things lahmia, the only change im making is a lady vamp in the coffin instead for the usual, for which im using my dark eldar slaves. I was thinking of using the other one on my corpse cart necromancer but sexy corpse cart doesnt seem like its going to happen. :'(

Finally here is my warboss, Duffbad Dwarfpuncha.....

I've done a mounted and foot version. My only concern was a Hellboy style right hand of doom punching fist thing. No Idea how to paint him!

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
I would have to say im very impressed with the black coach idea. (dont glue the top on if wanting to remove coffin.)
THe dark eldar slave looks great coming out of the coffin I think when your done your going to have a good centerpeice to your army.

Nikos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Santawraith said:
I would have to say im very impressed with the black coach idea. (dont glue the top on if wanting to remove coffin.)
THe dark eldar slave looks great coming out of the coffin I think when your done your going to have a good centerpeice to your army.
Thankyou xD I have pinned the coach so I can paint the inside and reassemble it but when im done I plan to glue it all together. If I dont glue the roof wont it make it a bit unstable?

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Not if you have pinned the sides like you have just said. Least that has been our experience but it all depends in the end if you want to be able to remove the coffin.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Well obviously I love the idea of the woman in the coffin, I can't believe no one else has thought of that before! Very much looking forward to seeing the BC finished, as well the O&G stuff.

Nikos

Vampire Count
True Blood
witchking1980 said:
How is your coach project goes Nikostratus? I am looking forward to see it painted xD
Er... slowly! I've done the horses and base and wheels but am taking ages over the actual coach body. If you want something to look like ebony how do you do it? Black with a highlight on the edges doesnt seem right to me but maybe I should just get on with it. xD

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
To do ebony, I'd do the highlihghting like you said...but after you varnish the model, go back and use the 'ard coat gloss on the places you want ebony to give them that extra shine. That's how I do mine at least. :D

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
I was just checking too see if you had made any progress for tommarow is the first of the plog checks. I would really hate to see you drop out. I am very looking forward to seeing the vampiress in the coffin.

Nikos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Santawraith said:
I was just checking too see if you had made any progress for tommarow is the first of the plog checks. I would really hate to see you drop out. I am very looking forward to seeing the vampiress in the coffin.
Thank you for the words of encouragement, I have been struggling with painting of late. But fear not, I should hopefully have the pics of my nearly completed fanatics up tomorrow or the next. The coach is on the back burner though, the orks seem a bit more fun to paint at the moment while im in a grump. Cheers :thumbsup:

Sanai > Thankyou, he's called dwarfpuncha because of his daily excercise regime. Every morning a dwarf prisoner is strung up from a tree and then he wails away on them until theyre dead, while some gobbos sing "eye of the tiger". Then he has the tenderised unfortunate boiled down for a powershake.

Nikos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Alrighty then. Time for a small update, here are my fanatics.....

hopefully I will be getting back into the swing of things as far as this is concerned. Next up Im going to assemble my unit of orc boys.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Ohhh yes orcs are fun to paint, I enjoy painting and collection orcs even without the want of ever having a orc army.
Your fanatics look beautiful, Reminds me of the annoying ones in blood bowl. Keep up the good work your fanatics look awsome.