• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
May 22, 2010
Nottingham, UK
I think that I've identified the bug that Duke Danse Macabre identified in the sticky thread. If you click on a link such as those Harland posted in his bug report thread, you are no longer logged into the forum. If you just open a tab without clicking on a link, you are logged in.

I'm using Firefox 30.0 if that's of any help.

It's inconsistent though. I've just tested it again using the links in all the TVC threads that I've been reading, and I've been logged in on all the different tabs. Very strange.

Last edited:

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Feb 23, 2010
Right Behind you...
I'm using Chrome, and this happened to me when I followed the link to this thread. However, it doesn't occur when I follow my own links (case in point, the ones @Irisado mentioned).

Lynks

Lord of RAW
True Blood
Dec 29, 2010
Sydney

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
May 22, 2010
Nottingham, UK
Interesting. Clicking on those as internal links, or opening them as tabs, did not cause a log out in any instance. This is obviously an inconsistent issue.

Lynks

Lord of RAW
True Blood
Dec 29, 2010
Sydney
Could someone provide me with examples of links that don't work? I'll try to figure out what's going wrong

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
For me, the only link that shows me as logged out is the first link in Harland's Bug Report thread:

https://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/triple-posts.26234/

What I noticed about it is that it is the only link of all I've tried, that is linking to a subforum, rather than to a thread. So going to make a small test here:

Test 1
Test 2
Test 3
Test 4
Test 5
Test 6

(Test 1 and Test 2) (Link and link)

EDIT: None of my links are logging me out. However, now both of Harland's links are logging me out (one leads to the subforum, and the other to a thread). The difference between his and my links is that his links - when left clicked - open in new tab (like as if I used middle mouse button)...while my open in the same tab.

EDIT: Just tested if it has anything to do with parenthesis or with the word "link"....but nope.

Maybe a long shot, but those are the only internal links posted in the opening post of a thread, that I tried so far...searching for more atm. EDIT: Found one with bunch of internal links in first post (thread index). No logging out & all are opening in the same tab.

Last edited:

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
May 22, 2010
Nottingham, UK
I've tested all your links with left and right click and none of them logs me out. I even tried opening a whole bunch of them as tabs at the same time, but I still stayed logged in. Hmmmm.

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
May 22, 2010
Nottingham, UK
Not today for me DoN. It seems to be an inconsistent bug which happens some of the time with no obvious pattern.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
I'll have to mark this one as resolved for now then as I can't replicate it. If it happens again please post straight away and I'll try to replicate.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu