• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Mannerheim27

True Blood
Sep 29, 2009
Minnesota
Hey guys,

I'm in the midst of building and priming my army but I can't make up my mind to what sort of theme I want my army to be in. I've seen a lot of people do the generic grass/ field theme, and even some snow bases, but I want my army to pop but not be too obnoxious looking. Any thoughts? I'm trying to determine my pallet.

Thanks!

Jake

Bullhax

Vampire Count
True Blood
Sep 12, 2011
Redarmy27 said:
Hey guys,

I'm in the midst of building and priming my army but I can't make up my mind to what sort of theme I want my army to be in. I've seen a lot of people do the generic grass/ field theme, and even some snow bases, but I want my army to pop but not be too obnoxious looking. Any thoughts? I'm trying to determine my pallet.

Thanks!

Jake

Well if you can pull of snow, it can look very very good, and 40mm bases gives you a lot of playroom.

Ogres are located near the chaos wastes, in the mountains of mourn (both mostly snow). Greasus' realm is not that snowy if I recall, I'd think more of a sandstone colour (my lore is veeeery rusty so might be way off here) non the less sandstone cliffs could be really cool. They have tribes near/in the howling waste so barren lands (could be cool but I'm sceptical if it would look good army wide). They have swamp and forrest tribes near the haunted Forrest. A firebelly theme would be lava.

My top three would be:
Sandstone bases from a cool company
Haunted forrest, gives you the option to make a rather creepy feel to the army, bark as extra armour on the IG's.
Lava, would require that you include a firebelly IMO but this would make you able to combine, lava mountain and ice which is cool if executed correctly.

If you contemplate on going with a thundertusk, modelling it to be freezing it's surroundings will be very cool, a piece of stone / treetrunk half covered with ice.

Both swamp and jungle as u_m suggested would be very cool and very different.

I'm looking forward to seeing your work soon ;) I will be there every step of the way!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu