• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Old ogres....new space orks?

Hey everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to look in here. I know its a long post but please bare with it, id love any advice.

Basically with the new sigmar BS, my ogres wont be getting a look in for fantasy anymore (our local scene didnt have many fantasy players to start with).

So basically iv been looking at them and thinking whats my next option.....lets paint them green and make them some mean looking orks lol

The issue with this is iv tried to keep to what they look like, il have to fashion the odd weapon yet but i didnt want to have to change them all that much.

So my models would convert to something like this:
Bruiser - warboss
Butcher - pain boy
Firebelly - weird boy
15 bulls - nobz
6 ironguts - mega nobz
5 leadbelchers - burna boys
Stonehorn - trukk
Iron blaster - mek gun
Hagtroll (fw giant) - deff dread
Converted arachnarock with ogres mount - battlewagon

Sooooooo, as we can see, a very weak army as its very few models and comes out to 1500pts with upgrades lol

I expect to never really win games unless i believe in the dice gods, HOWEVER i do plan on having some fun with this, il have to kit bash a few extra things but it shouldnt be too much to do for me.

There are a few things that im unsure of yet, might use the stonehorn as another battle wagon i guess but thought it as a fast attack with ram seemed more fun.

Il just have to slap some armour plating onto my guts to armour them up some more.

The bulls are into nobz simply because they have multiple wounds too, so it seemed more fitting..

Not sure if i would use the transport abilities of units since it doesnt seem fluffy enough for the size of models....but then again you cant see to fit 10 termies in a land raider so i might do it anyway to be more useful.

Thats about the lot, im just wondering if it seems feesable to anyone else out there?

Would you be happy to see my stand ins if you were to turn up across the table from me?

Thanks for reading if you got this far :tongue:

Hope to hear some nice feedback

Adhumans for Imp Guard army!! perfect for that! Brute squad all the way!!
i considered doing an ogryn army but im not a fan of gaurd as an army, my flatmate has just started playing them aswell so might seem a bit boring, who doesnt love some orky randomness :tongue: il put some photos on when iv finished painting (to a terrible standard albeit) lol

you could always just play 8th edition warhammer and continue to use your awesome ogres..as well you know Ogres. AoS didn't kill fantasy 8th, players choosing not to continue playing it will be what kills it.

Also..how can you not want to continue playing fantasy with that badass giant spider riding ogre!

you could always just play 8th edition warhammer and continue to use your awesome ogres..as well you know Ogres. AoS didn't kill fantasy 8th, players choosing not to continue playing it will be what kills it.

Also..how can you not want to continue playing fantasy with that badass giant spider riding ogre!
Haha, sorry its just not the same picking up a friendly game of fantasy at my local anymore, it wasnt that big in my area to start with, iv still got my 3k of undead so il play a game or 2 of 8th with mates when we have a spare night lol

But yea i do like my spider, hes my battlewagon :tongue: same with my stonehorn, my river giant troll thingy is my deffdread that spews bile and regenerates (skorchas and grot riggers) so im happy how its turning out, wish i had more time to keep painting tho, altho tbf my painting skills are very basic stuff lol