• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Old school White Dwarf

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
A new game cafe just opened in my town and they have 4th edition era White Dwarfs!!! I only know because one of them was announcing the release of 5th edition. I couldn't find anything about undead, but there's a lot about Brettonia, Elves (mostly Wood Elves), and Dwarfs. I had no idea how extensive Warhammer fantasy used to be; I kinda wish it would go back to that... I also wish I could get my hands on some of those models. I don't really have a point to all of this, I am just super excited about it!

Dragonet

Wight King
I'm all about that era, that's when I first discovered the game and where a lot of Warhammer's magic resides in my opinion. I often collect classic regiments in preference to the latest sculpts: classic High Elf spears, archers and White Lions, Undead armoured halberdiers and mummies all feature in my collection. I also think the army books from this era were second only to the 8th Edition hardbacks; such original quality artwork, and with the lore barely improved upon in all that time.

One of the, among many, benefits of being a young guy in the wargaming world is that every now and then older era stuff pops up and it's like it's brand new stuff to me! I've got a new stirland army on the go including some battlemaster archers I found for peanuts on eBay, they're really characterful considering that they are older than me I believe!

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Some of them still have order and pre-order forms. I have considered filling them out and sending them to GW to see what they do (if anything).