• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Painting and Assembling a Terrorgheist

Noobafrass

Grave Guard
Hey all,

I've recently purchased a terrorgheist and the pictures don't do the model justice. There is so much great detail, so many layers, and just so much to like (I particularly like the skulls and bones in the exposed stomach).

I'm loathe to fully assemble it before painting just because of all the layers and detail hidden underneath other parts though, but unassembled I can't get a good feel for the model as a whole.

Any suggestions? How have you all dealt with this?

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
First clean all the model likes and primer everything that you will use in it.

Second assemble the first three steps I think which leaves you the main body and the guts on it. and paint that section. of it.

Then add the next layer and paint it. ect. You can even paint some of the parts before glueing them and just touch up any mistakes you make too.

This is what I wished I had done to the commission I had done. My personal one will be done this way. Also Putting him on the base should be the last step after painting as it would help to be able to turn the model 360 to get hard to reach spots.

I did the whole thing assembled and it was a pain to paint that way. Though it can be done Check my plog out for my update shots From when I was working on mine, if you want I think page 45 if I remember right.

Hope that helps some.

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
I am getting a T-Ghiest from the above poster and I am just going paint all his parts before building him I think

Ive painted 2 terrorgheists (one second hand and assembled, one new and in the sprue)...painting in parts is such a good move.

Just make sure that when its all assembled that you take the time to touch up the areas where washes would normally sit in the grooves where you glued them.