• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Vipoid

Necromancer
Apr 27, 2012
I'd like to have my corpse cart ablaze with blue or purple fire, but I've no idea how to paint fire. Also, I'd like it to look bright, but again I have no idea how to get this effect (last time I tried, the fire looked darker than the light it was supposed to be producing on the model).

Are there any guides for this, or can anyone offer some suggestions?

Bullhax

Vampire Count
True Blood
Sep 12, 2011
Vipoid said:
I'd like to have my corpse cart ablaze with blue or purple fire, but I've no idea how to paint fire. Also, I'd like it to look bright, but again I have no idea how to get this effect (last time I tried, the fire looked darker than the light it was supposed to be producing on the model).

Are there any guides for this, or can anyone offer some suggestions?

This page is very very nice:

http://hot-lead.org/advance/fire.htm

Very nice theory bit and the practical tutorial is very thorough.! You do have to swap the colours for what you want but if you keep it in the same brightness going from fx almost whire through warlock purple to a mix of 1:2 liche purple/warlock purple for a bright purple flame.!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu