• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Penny Dreadful

So anyone watching Penny Dreadful? It's actually pretty good so far (granted only finished episode 2) but it's just the right amount of Gothic Horror good actors (Timothy Dalton, Eva Green, Josh Hartnett).

I like it so far. Of course I'm a sucker for anything Victorian and Gothic :konrad:

Blutsauger

Vampire Count
Kassill said:
So anyone watching Penny Dreadful? It's actually pretty good so far (granted only finished episode 2) but it's just the right amount of Gothic Horror good actors (Timothy Dalton, Eva Green, Josh Hartnett).

I like it so far. Of course I'm a sucker for anything Victorian and Gothic :konrad:
I'm digging the shit out of this show. Definitely recommend it!

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
I'm watching it atm, its pretty good, not sure though what i make on this new take of old characters yet though.
We already have Dorian Grey and Frankenstein in the same show, kinda wondering who else will turn up.

robtion

Vampire Thrall
Sounds great, I like all of the cast you mentioned. I will watch it but will wait for the whole season to finish. I like to binge watch shows, and I don't watch actual television anymore. Can't stand the add and don't like waiting weeks between episodes.

Show just finished up. Pretty good overall. Eva Green is spectacular in her role, and I really like this Frankenstein. Timothy Dalton and Josh Hartnett have both been really great as well in their roles and that last episode (No spoilers I promise) was really awesome if not short.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Sounds good xD

I have been saving this up on Sky+, I agree with @robtion, it can get really annoying when you want to just go from one episode to another, and then have to wait! :swear:

But then it will have to be really good to beat my favourite at the moment - Hannibal. Now that is a mindbending and creepy tv show. :vampire3:

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sounds good xD

I have been saving this up on Sky+, I agree with @robtion, it can get really annoying when you want to just go from one episode to another, and then have to wait! :swear:

But then it will have to be really good to beat my favourite at the moment - Hannibal. Now that is a mindbending and creepy tv show. :vampire3:
I'm going to say now, no stealing death scenes from Hannibal for your new VaU. ;)

It is a pain waiting between the shows but i find i enjoy them more when i look forwards to them, bit like with models.
Can't always have instant gratification.

Count michael

The Undead Sparky
I love this show, the horror/ victorian theme is pretty awesome that really makes it more interesting. Hopefully the Wolfman makes an appearance

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Can't always have instant gratification.
Who says you can't :perv:

I am going to have to get creative for the next VAU, but you have got to admit that some of the deaths worked really well in it xD

True Blood has just come back on, but I think I'll start Penny Dreadful later this week and then I'll feedback.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Well death by gore puddle does not always work. :tongue:

Penny Dreadful does then to ave some great parts for that though.
Poor Proteus getting tore in half.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Its good, allot of old monsters, different take on the traditional vampire heading back to the days of old, allot of Victorian era characters as well like Dorien Grey, Van Hellsing was in it as well but was an old man and Died about 5 minutes after you met him, ironically he was the old friend of Dr Frankenstein.
Not as much nudity though as game of thrones but still promising. ;)

hairyjeff

Crypt Horror
I hear series 2 has already been commissioned , including Sweeney Todd! I thought the ending was deliberately left as "to be continued" plot device. Good show, I thought.