• Got some models to paint? Want to do it as a challenge in a group who help and encourage each other? Join our Tale of Painters - Third Edition. Any models, any army!

Photo Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Just wondering if we have photo guide up? The thought just hit me as I was browsing some threads where you can see that the poster has done a great job painting, it's just that pics are really blurry and sometimes has really bad lighting.

So my suggestion, if we do not already have one, is to sticky a How to take photos thread. Where folks can get tips on how to improve their picture quality and so forth. :vampire2:

If we have such a stickied "how to", then feel free to delete this thread. :)

Cheers!

The Dark Sheep

Master Vampire
True Blood
There is something like that (link), but it certainly could have been easier to find. If people think there is a need for a proper tutorial, we can see about making one, though.

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Yup that was kinda hard to find. ^^

Redarmy27

True Blood
I know that I have a tough time doing photos myself, but if I could, I'd help make one?

Jake

The Dark Sheep

Master Vampire
True Blood
I suppose you could help with this. I'm a bit busy at the moment, so I'll have to wait a while still before I can start working on it, so either wait for me or have a go on your own :).

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
I find photos hard to do. An easily accessable guide would be great.

Redarmy27

True Blood
Photo tents help a ton!

Here's the set I was gifted two birthdays ago:
http://www.7gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/81966_1.jpg

There's no need to get that fancy or anything, but it helps if you're going for a package deal. All you really need is a neutral background, some lights, preferably a tripod or something sturdy to mount your camera on and away you go.

What kind of camera do you have and does it have a built in macro feature?

I know it helped a ton to go through Sheep's link, but before I came around here I followed this one: http://www.coolminiornot.com/article/aid/130

The key is practice, just keep at it. The more you do, the better you'll get at it. Also, read as much as you can about your camera; you'll be amazed at what these little suckers can do.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.