• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

A. v. Hal

Zombie
Aug 20, 2021
I assume this is the correct thread for this topic?

I was curious which MMOs people have discovered that allow you to lead a vampiric afterlife.
My personal experience with vampires in MMOs is limited to ESO, where they enjoy a full integration into lore, EQ2 where they are their own, kind of tagged-on race and CoH, where it is really up to you to create whatever, but vampires are definitely not left hanging like bats.

If we are lucky, Victor Saltzpyre from Vermintide 2 is going to get the blood kiss in a future DLC, although many lowly breathers fail to recognize the honor it represents.

Are there any other online gaming gems I might be missing out on?

Reactions: Grave Tacticus

A. v. Hal

Zombie
Aug 20, 2021
I think that about covers it, though if I recall correctly you could use blood magic in Secret World.
Well I just discovered some Masquerade nostalgia in Mordheim: City of the Damned. I am not far enough into it yet to tell whether the few hundred active players are enough to find PVP matches, but considering it is turn-based there is probably no restriction on distance/ping.
And obviously there is TW:WH2 but I guess that game is only second to WHF itself when it comes to fame in a WH forum.

Kaptain Von

Vampire Count
True Blood
Feb 26, 2008
United Kingdom
If the multiplayer mod for Skyrim ever gets off the ground, you can bet your bottom dollar I'm going full Volkihar. Not sure if Elder Scrolls Online lets you be vampirised but I'd assume so?

A. v. Hal

Zombie
Aug 20, 2021
Are you talking about currently running MMO, right? not things of the past as World of Darkness.
Doesn't matter, so long as it's playable, which of course means a minimum of active players.
There is a World of Darkness game with multiplayer? I only played Masquerade which was great, but obviously old and single player.

Last edited:

A. v. Hal

Zombie
Aug 20, 2021
If the multiplayer mod for Skyrim ever gets off the ground, you can bet your bottom dollar I'm going full Volkihar. Not sure if Elder Scrolls Online lets you be vampirised but I'd assume so?
Vampires come with their own passive and active skill lines in ESO.
Personally my favorite vampire lore in games is probably WH though because I love the vampire knight idea.

Reactions: Kaptain Von

A. v. Hal

Zombie
Aug 20, 2021
I found an interesting game that is somewhat outside of my comfort zone called Deceit.
Apparently a very good horror/mystery/PVP game containing a vampire DLC.

Sounds interesting if anything, anyone tried it?
Looks like a very satisfying way to shut up obnoxious breathers as a vampire.

Last edited:

Kaptain Von

Vampire Count
True Blood
Feb 26, 2008
United Kingdom
Doesn't matter, so long as it's playable, which of course means a minimum of active players.
There is a World of Darkness game with multiplayer? I only played Masquerade which was great, but obviously old and single player.
There was to be an MMO, but it fell apart and the IP was sold to Paradox - but they are doing a battle royale game of all things. Seems a weird choice for Masquerade and a bit late for the bandwagon, but it might be decent. If it actually comes out. VtM computer games are a bit cursed at the moment.

A. v. Hal

Zombie
Aug 20, 2021
I found an interesting game that is somewhat outside of my comfort zone called Deceit.
Apparently a very good Among Us - style game, containing a vampire DLC.

Sounds interesting if anything, anyone tried it?

There was to be an MMO, but it fell apart and the IP was sold to Paradox - but they are doing a battle royale game of all things. Seems a weird choice for Masquerade and a bit late for the bandwagon, but it might be decent. If it actually comes out. VtM computer games are a bit cursed at the moment.
I think the problem with World of Darkness, and that's something I don't enjoy in games either, is that it is basically a world of vampires. Even if they made mortal classes, everybody would want to play a vampire.
Worlds where vampires are not the main race, which is most of them I assume, seem much better suited.

However, I could see an Underworld PVP game work out quite nicely.

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
I can only speak of what I played so here goes.

First off, Warhammer Online, imho hands down the best PvP MMO ever. Epic large scale fights (hundreds of people), great 6-12 man fights, good 1v1 fights as well. For a heavily PvP oriented MMO, it even had decent PvE. Warhammer Online unfortunately never had playable Vampire Counts, although I do think there were a few Vampire models/assets/NPC's in the game. There was also a moba spinoff (Wrath of Heroes) in the work, which had Red Duke, but it didn't get past beta.

The game managed to survive after it was officially shut down and is living on on a private server. I don't think they have plans atm of adding more races, but it is not entirely impossible I guess. They have done a great work of rebuilding the game mechanics and keeping things fresh with their own additions, so one can hope.

Meanwhile, the closest thing to a Vampire would be a Dark Elf Disciple of Khaine (class designed specifically for the (original) game). I mained one through my whole War Online time and it was damn fun. It is basically a hybrid class - combat healer that needs to hit to be able to heal. Even more fun is the DPS spec which can actually heal by dps-ing if done correctly. So it has that blood link/life tap/lifesteal aspect to it that is characteristic to Vampires in general. The design is also quite similar to some of the VC designs so with correct armour pieces and colours (the game allows you to paint armour) you could resemble Konrad or Isabella for instance (the heal spec uses a sword and a chalice, while the DPS spec uses dual swords). Concept art examples below:

dok1.jpg dok2.jpg dok3.jpg

Next up is World of Warcraft. Altho the game is in a not so good state atm (both the turmoil in Blizzard and the bad game design lately), it should be mentioned. Blizzard always liked to draw inspiration from Warhammer and this is no different. In the current expansion (Shadowlands) they introduced a vampiric themed covenant (Venthyr) that your character can join. You can unlock very VC looking armour sets, especially similar to Blood Knights/Kastelai aesthetic. Most of the NPC's in the zone are Vampires or Gargoyles. They aren't a playable race, but since they add allied races along the way it is possible these will become playable in some time. Until then, probably the closest thing to a vampire would be a human or forsaken (undead) Death Knight since they can control undead and use blood magic. Also the zone (Revendreth) of the said covenant is one of the best zones I've ever seen in an MMO and if the player housing existed I'd be all over it. Examples of Venthyr armour sets and the zone below:

vent1.jpg vent2.jpg

vent3.jpg vent4.jpg

Reactions: Unas the slayer

A. v. Hal

Zombie
Aug 20, 2021
I can only speak of what I played so here goes.

First off, Warhammer Online, imho hands down the best PvP MMO ever. Epic large scale fights (hundreds of people), great 6-12 man fights, good 1v1 fights as well. For a heavily PvP oriented MMO, it even had decent PvE. Warhammer Online unfortunately never had playable Vampire Counts, although I do think there were a few Vampire models/assets/NPC's in the game. There was also a moba spinoff (Wrath of Heroes) in the work, which had Red Duke, but it didn't get past beta.

The game managed to survive after it was officially shut down and is living on on a private server. I don't think they have plans atm of adding more races, but it is not entirely impossible I guess. They have done a great work of rebuilding the game mechanics and keeping things fresh with their own additions, so one can hope.

Meanwhile, the closest thing to a Vampire would be a Dark Elf Disciple of Khaine (class designed specifically for the (original) game). I mained one through my whole War Online time and it was damn fun. It is basically a hybrid class - combat healer that needs to hit to be able to heal. Even more fun is the DPS spec which can actually heal by dps-ing if done correctly. So it has that blood link/life tap/lifesteal aspect to it that is characteristic to Vampires in general. The design is also quite similar to some of the VC designs so with correct armour pieces and colours (the game allows you to paint armour) you could resemble Konrad or Isabella for instance (the heal spec uses a sword and a chalice, while the DPS spec uses dual swords). Concept art examples below:

View attachment 61097 View attachment 61098 View attachment 61103

Next up is World of Warcraft. Altho the game is in a not so good state atm (both the turmoil in Blizzard and the bad game design lately), it should be mentioned. Blizzard always liked to draw inspiration from Warhammer and this is no different. In the current expansion (Shadowlands) they introduced a vampiric themed covenant (Venthyr) that your character can join. You can unlock very VC looking armour sets, especially similar to Blood Knights/Kastelai aesthetic. Most of the NPC's in the zone are Vampires or Gargoyles. They aren't a playable race, but since they add allied races along the way it is possible these will become playable in some time. Until then, probably the closest thing to a vampire would be a human or forsaken (undead) Death Knight since they can control undead and use blood magic. Also the zone (Revendreth) of the said covenant is one of the best zones I've ever seen in an MMO and if the player housing existed I'd be all over it. Examples of Venthyr armour sets and the zone below:

View attachment 61099 View attachment 61100

View attachment 61101 View attachment 61102

Thanks but I have never been a fan of WoW.
I grew up with EQ1 and was always opposed to the trend of convenience that began after a few expansions. So naturally, WoW was all the way at the wrong end for me.
With recent developments I won't even bother considering another game by Blizzard and/or Activision.

WAR was great, druchii are badass and I loved my wardancer, but I checked it out a few months ago and there were no vampires, nor did I manage to get into it.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu