• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Playtesting (normal VC army list)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
This thread is for the playtesting of the Bloodline powers and stats.

Basically please post if you will playtest for us, specifying what Bloodline you will be testing. If you want to post an army list by all means feel free.

Then please post back feedback, not only from you but your opponent as well. Try to be objective, whilst we might be happy that a power is really effective, we don't want them to be over powered.

As per the other threads, as comments start coming in I will update this first post with the relevant comments so they can be compared.

[hr]

General Feedback
Fallen Angel - "All games I played using blood line powers was so much more interesting and really gave character to my army! Both me and my friends enjoyed all games and my main dark elf opponent told me that these games were the most fun to play!"

[hr]

Blood Dragon Feedback

Strength of Steel
Pietr von Carstein - "I dont think you should be able to combine strength of steel with a lance"

Horse Master
Fallen Angel - "A great skill! Used it on a vamp hero with 4 blood knights. This really made them even more deadly! Maybe a little under priced? although making it more expensive would probably result in me not using it.."

Honour or Death

Defender
Fallen Angel - "Also a great skill! Makes vamp heroes so much more survivable. Righttly priced as well, not to expensive, not to cheap."

Master-strike

Red Fury

Unliving Legend

Master of Blades
Fallen Angel - A very fun skill to use! Didn't make him totally over powered since it costs a mighty (and rightly) 100 pts. In my opinion, its a well spent 100 pts.

[hr]

doombunny666

Black Knight
i will happily playtest the nechrach and blood dragon lists my favorite types magic doom and sheer hacky smashy stabby death:mad2::konrad:

i will start playtesting soon and have my results back soon

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Excellent to hear - our first sign up! I look very forward to your views, and please try to get your opponents views as well.

doombunny666

Black Knight
heres my testing program for each list

a one on one versus a custom vamp from vc to see if one loses to badly

a match versus my gunline army both vcs will have same army*

a match versus the knight army both vcs same army*

a match versus balanced army both vcs same army*

a match against my friends dark elf corsairs both vcs same army*

A Naval battle using generals compedium rules because i like ships and it might be interesting to see results

a check to see how evil i can make characters when compared to vc army book

if you have any other suggestions please say

just a question how many pts of blood line pwers can i have

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Excellent, glad to see you on board. It is quite simple. In this forum you can see the relevant bloodline threads, simply choose the one you want and use the stat changes (which should balance out), and use the Bloodline Powers listed there instead of the ones in the VC book. Then create an army as you normally would.

Then go out, fight a battle and feedback what you thought and what your opponent thought.

Ill be play testing the Von Carnstein and Strigoi bloodlines, versus DE, WE, WoC, Dwarves, WoC, Bretts.
Ill be in touch.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Thank you very much! Look forward to hearing your reports.

Btw - you can still create army lists in the Legion of the Damned as normal when playtesting, just make a note that you are using the bloodlines from here.

Vic

Black Knight
I will be playtesting as well, eventually will try out everything, but for starters I think that Blood Dragon, Necrharch and Necromancer will be in my priority list.

I'm going on a vacation after a couple of days, but when I return I'll make sure to post some battle reports : )

Note: People I'm most likely to play against will be using: Warriors of Chaos, Skaven, Dark Elves, Vampire Counts

I'll most certainly be trying out the new Necromancers the first chance I get! It might be a while before I post anything though, as I'm only just beginning to build my army.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Well we've had lots of people pledge to help buy no feedback yet! come on everyone, we can't let it fail now after spending so long creating these rules.

I had two games over the weekend useing voncarstein against standard vampires which ended in a draw and another against high elves useing the blood dragons . The high elves suffered a massacre .
The point values wer 2000 von carsteins and 3000 blood dragons . The othe vampire player was useing blood knights and vlad with a grave gaurd uber bunker .I managed to finally kill vlad , for the second time , on turn 6 which i think gives me a moral victory . Ill post the army lists i used later .

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Yes if you could please, and also give us feedback on how the powers were, over powered? Under powered? What did your opponent think?

Von Carstein
Vampire lord : Walachs bloody hauberk , shield , silver tounged , walking death , vampiric aura , quicksliver , wolf form , sword of might , cursed book - 388

Vampire ( blood dragon ) : hw , shield , strendth of steel , defander , quicksliver , enchanted shield , sword of battle - 180

Vampire : quicksliver , additional hw , vampiric aura , sword of striking , flayed hauberk - 189

Vampire : quicksliver , walking deth addtional hw , night shroud . talisman of the lynci -

Grave Gaurd x 18 : full command , banner of strigos - 281

Skeletons x 29 :full command ,war banner - 277

Skeletos x 29 :full command - 252

Crypt ghouls x10

2x Dire Wolves x5

Zombies x20

I think the few powers in the list worked well . My opponent wasnt too happy about the inclusion of my generals blood dragon body gaurd .

Blood dragon
vampire lord : hw shield , strength of steel , defender , honour or death quicksliver , vampiric aura , sword of might , enchanted shield , crown of the damned , book of arkhan - 400

vampire : sword ofbattle , cursed book , defender, honour or death, hw shield - 175

vampire :bsb , war banner , honour or death , defender , quicksliver -200

vampire : honour or dth , defender , strendth of steel , sword of kings , dispel scroll - 200

vampire : defender , quicksliver , additional hw , dispel scroll -170

vampire lord : lance shield , barded nightmare , horse master , honour or death , defender , unliving ledend , dread lance , dispel scroll , talisman of protection - 415

Bloodknigts x5 : full command , banner of the blood keep - 400

Grave Gaurd x18 : command , royal banner of strigos -281

Dire wolves x5

Dire wolves x5

Crypt ghouls x10

Skeletons x29 - command -252

Skeletons x29 - command -252

Zombies x20

there is one thing i found over powered with the list . it was the shear ease my mounted lord could cut through the high elves . He and his retinue killed a prince on star dragon on turn 1 . I dont think you should be able to combine strength ofsteel with a lance . Other than that it is fine .

So, I've been playing a couple of games with the blood dragons.

I've tried the following powers:

*Horsemaster: A great skill! Used it on a vamp hero with 4 blood knights. This really made them even more deadly! Maybe a little under priced? although making it more expensive would probably result in me not using it..

Defender: Also a great skill! Makes vamp heroes so much more survivable. Righttly priced as well, not to expensive, not to cheap.

Honour of Death: Tried this maybe two games, thought it would help me avoid a challange from my friends dark elf master with the pendant, DAMN ELVES AND THEIR HIGH LD!!!

Master of Blades: Used it on my lord (obviously), made him a real killer! (duh). A very fun skill to use! Didn't make him totally over powered since it costs a mighty (and rightly) 100 pts. In my opinion, its a well spent 100 pts.

All games I played using blood line powers was so much more interesting and really gave character to my army! Both me and my friends enjoyed all games and my main dark elf opponent told me that these games were the most fun to play!

Its really a shame that GW removed the bloodlines!

One question though, Since Dreadknight is no longer an option you can take nightmare for +10 pts? Is this including barding?

I also liked defender . It protected the vampires well . Horse master and unliving legend were excellent . Unliving legend stopped the blood knights from running off the board twice and it also stopped them from chasing the elves fast cavalry , ellyrian reavers i think , all game . As you may have noticedi gave quicksliver to almost all the vampires . this power , although only a minor power , was my favourate by far . In the game against vampires it was thanked in no small part to this power and vampiric aura that i managed to take vlad down a peg . wolf form would have been useful ifi had been playing an army that actually fled . Honour or death may have been more usefull if i played an army other than high elves .

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Woohoo! We are starting to get feedback.

I have updated the post with the relevant comments and feedback. Please keep them coming, and if you can post it link Fallen Angels format, it makes collecting the feedback much easier.

Don't forget your opponents feedback is just as important!!

Fallen Angel - Yes, Blood Dragons can purchase a nightmare for +10pts, and if chosen it automatically comes with barding and the knight will be given a lance.

Played a couple more blood dragon games this weekend.

My two favourite vamp heroes are definetly:

Vampire:vampire3:
-Defender
-Quicksilver
-Full Plate Mail
-Greatsword
-Cursed Book

This guy pack one heck of a punch with 4 S7 attacks. Even though he only has a 4+ Sv hes pretty survivable with the cursed book and the defender skill. Used this guy in a skeleton unit to add some serious punch to the unit. A great combo indeed since the skellies generate static CR and this guys wacks almost anyone unfortunate (or supid?) enought to stand in front of him, be it heavy knights, characters or just plain RnF.

Vampire:vampire2:
-Quicksilver
-Defender
-Sword of Battle
-Flayed Hauberk

This guy is the ultimate RnF killer! At least if your playing against soft targets such as men and elfs (wich I mostly do). Now this guy packs a mighty 5(!) S5 Attacks. Thts a lot on a hero level character. Used this guy in a unit of 12 Grave guards sword 'n board. And togeather they shredded my friends 30 men strong DE spear block!

Hope this helps a little with evaluating(<- spelling?) the skills.

Oh, and one more question, since lahmians and von casrteins cant take mundane armour, can they take magical?

I know my english isn't the best and I often confuse words like wich and witch but hopefully I got the message trough.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.