• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Which Dynasty will you represent?

• Total voters

Kassill

Grave Guard
Sep 28, 2011
So with this exciting new release we get to see new and fleshed out Vampiric Bloodlines, or Dynasties. I'm really happy to see the return of the rightful rulers of the Undead to the tabletop. Age of Sigmar has been a slow grow appreciation for me, but now the time has come for the return of the Midnight Aristocracy.

So after seeing the previews, leaks, and warhammer community articles, which Dynasty will you pledge your immortality servitude? :konrad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Grave Tacticus

Staff member
Jul 26, 2020
Utah
I'm thinking Legion of Night, since I'm pushing toward Deathrattle only, and that seems to be the only Dynasty that doesn't require a vampire babysitter for the allegiance abilities to work.

Reactions: Kassill

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
It may be the only one that doesn't require a vampire, but it's not necessarily the one that does the most for deathrattle units if you're willing to compromise by sprinkling a vampire or two in. That's more Legion of Blood, or maybe Vyrkos.

Still, my sympathies are with Legion of Night as well, at least to start. In the long term I'll probably get stuff to run all of the factions. Mostly just based on Mannfred's new rules looking fun. That and I like necromancers, and the LoN claw artefact is the best support for necros that any of these subfactions offer.

That said, though, Mannfred at least mostly does his own thing regardless of which faction you field him in, and the faction has so many alternate deployment options that the cool LoN outflanking gimmick really doesn't add up to much. Vargheists deep strike anyway, any of our summonable stuff can deploy via gravesites - which no longer requires a nearby hero, Vyrkos can summon wolves, the Anvil of Blood has the absolutely absurd "Arise, My Legions" or whatever-it's-called command ability if you're a bad enough sport to use it and your opponent is fool enough to agree to it. And +1 armor on the first turn only, while not nothing, isn't a lot either. Especially if 3e rolls around and says it can't stack with grave guard shields.

I'll still be starting off with a hodge podge, one of everything type Legion of Night list, figure out which units I like, and then look to get more of those units while shifting to a bloodline that better supports them specifically. Maybe blood knights and dragon lords in Kastelai. Maybe zombies, dire wolves, and Volga in Vyrkos. Maybe coven thrones and grave guard in LoBlood. Maybe Avengori monster mash - to be honest that one probably appeals to me the least, but I would be able to build up the pieces of a more exciting Gristlegore FEC version of the army at the same time.

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Original Soulblight with their blood knight battleline was what got me into AoS in the first place and that loyalty remains. It's Kastelai for me but I'm sure I'll experiment with other things also.

Oppenheimer

Varghulf
May 26, 2013
Gotta go with my lady Neferata. Her -1 to hit is still amazing command ability and her spell of ignore rend is great too. Now that her instant slay ability is even more likely to get off she's a force to be reckoned with. Having Black Knights and having deathrattle immune to combat debuffs is certainly a nice bonus (even if black knights are badly nerfed).
Vyrkos of course got tons of cool models so I'll still be playing a lot of that too.

Reactions: Kassill

Kassill

Grave Guard
Sep 28, 2011
Great thread, and I have still yet to make my choice so I'll vote shortly.

Stickied and updated title
Good to see you and the old bloods back!

Loving all the answers so far. Also realized I never answered my own OP, so for me it's Kastelai! The Blood Knights of the old world were very awesome and continue to be in these new Mortal Realms, I especially love the Crimson Keep lore, very Castlevania-esque. Second would probably be Vyrkos, very cool designs and ideas. I definitely want to build them next with Radukar the beast and a bunch of wolfy boys.

Roretan

Zombie
Jan 25, 2011
I'm gonna say blood for the kind of regimented skeleton horde feel, ideally led by femme fatale vampire lords.

Avengorii is a close second honestly. A monster squad army sounds like a lot of fun, the new models are nice, and there's also a lot of room for conversions.

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
I'm gonna say blood for the kind of regimented skeleton horde feel, ideally led by femme fatale vampire lords.

Avengorii is a close second honestly. A monster squad army sounds like a lot of fun, the new models are nice, and there's also a lot of room for conversions.
THIS! I just loved the description in the book how the vampiric ladies of the court would meticously make sure that thir skeletons legions looked the part. I mean, how wonderfully delusional is that? Dressing up skeletons? I love it.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
True 🤣 you just can't get that nice polished look with a Zombie - "Look, I've just put your makeup and nice clothes on and you're dropping fingers and eyeballs all over the place!"

I feel like the Neferata's lot would have the closest to the Old World regiments, especially with how nostalgic Neferata seems to be.

To be honest, this has inspired me a bit about looking at a wonderfully uniform army. Don't you think Neffie would also really like the quality of the Bonereapers though?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu