• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Oct 11, 2007
Winnipeg, MB
Ok, so we hit a snag on the very first post.

Apparently many people have not played traditional table-top RPGs. I had made the assumption that everyone had, as this was an RPG and people seemed familiar with it. We all know when you make an assumption, you make an "ass" out of "u" and "mption" (Props to Samuel Jackson and The Long Kiss Goodnight).

So, after a good talk with some people, I think the best way to handle posting in this game is the following. Note it is subject to revision if it's not working.

General Guidelines:

I'll give people an outline of scenes and any parameters they need to keep within. They can play non-important Non-player characters (NPCs) as long as they stay within the boundaries. I can also play any non-player character; if there's disagreements about how they act, my decision trumps any player character although I'll definitely consider all input. Most NPCs will be tied to a specific character; in these cases, the specific character in question will be in main control of how that NPC functions and can veto other players.

For important NPCs, fights, chases/escapes, true love, and miracles (magic), we may have to schedule a time to do some back and forth quick posting to get results. I'm looking into what would work best; I'm considering Instant Messaging, IRC, and the forum itself is having a Chat program installed although there may be a cost to access it. I have access to a computer for most of the day, so scheduling shouldn't be too bad.

Well that's it for now. So I'll start giving people their marching orders in the OOC section.

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Oct 11, 2007
Winnipeg, MB
Update:

I think we're going to need dates/times to keep people in synch. You don't have to go overboard with specific times but like "Friday afternoon" should be fine. If you want to go specific, go for it as well. It'll help people keep timings down if separate things are happening.

Thoughts?

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
I agree. For instance, I don't know what date it is I'm working at the Reinhart center. All I know is that I have a job to do (IC), OOC I know that ther's going to be some sort of symposium there soon with some dude talking about a new energy source. Sweet stuff.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Oh, yes I agree we need a timeline, otherwise posts will clash. I know I have had issues in the TVC where one thread has got so far into the future, but it affected another thread, and it was a right ball-ache posting in the past and the future making sure you didn't mess things up.

@ Grish - sent you a PM.

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Oct 11, 2007
Winnipeg, MB
Another point. I realized trying to wait for everyone to get their posts 'in' may not be feasible.

So, we'll just use the dates at the top as a references. Posts are NOT necessarily going to be in chronological order for people. If you wanted to post in an area but the story already moved on, you can go ahead and post in a past location as long as the date/time is proper and it does not affect the current story.

Everyone OK with that?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu