• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Pruning of Conversations

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Hi,

This announcement is regarding the conversations (aka personal messages) on the forum.

As you are aware, CN has never limited the number of personal messages, and as such we now have a very large and slow database table which does impact the performance of the site, and data storage.

As such I have decided to make use of a pruning tool, which will permanently delete all conversations that have not had a reply in the last two years.

I know some of you may need some of the information in those personal messages. Unfortunately there is not easy way to download it, however I have installed a search conversation tool (go to your conversation list, and you should see conversation as a submenu option).

You can use this tool to search through your messages and extract any information you may need.

I plan to run this tool on the 1st February 2015 @ 2000 GMT - this gives you all three weeks from today if you need to review your messages.

There is also an easy way to ensure your messages are saved - just make another reply in the conversation chain, and as the reply will have been within the 2 years, then it should not be deleted.

If anyone feels this is really going to cause an issue, please let me know.

Cheers

DoN