• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Ptra's Righteous Smiting question

Demian

Vampire Count
hello everyone!

So I was using Ptra's Righteous Smiting the other day, while playing with an Ogre Kingdoms ally, and I noticed an oddity in the text. Bear in mind :)3) that I have the spanish version of the TK rulebook, and something might have been lost in translation:

The unbuffed version of the spell allows me to target any friendly Unit to augment it, while the buffed version targets all friendly Undead units within X range.

Does that mean I can augment my non-undead allies with this spell?

Thanks!

Mioum

Crypt Horror
It's the same in the English book. Regular casting make no mention of friendly/Undead units, while the boosted version say it affect only friendly undead troops. Same thing with cursed blade and protection actually

Depending how your group cope with RaW and RaI, you can technically cast the regular version of those on an ally, undead or not!

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
I've interpreted it the same way. Came across it when I was "studying" for using the Superior Wizarding Hat. Nehekharan buff spells can target any friendly unit but when boosted to a bubble they only affect undead units within range. For me it once resulted with a unit of Savage Orc Archers boosted with Killing Blow. No one dare to charge them though :(

Demian

Vampire Count
Thank you guys!

I didn't notice the other spells, since I was only using that one. So... Lore of Nehekara is quite nice. Hope it remains so in AoS/9th!