• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Queries about the Strigoi... ( now with army list for C&C)

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
Hi all,

I made this thread as I didn't want to enter anything into the playtest thread as this is more of a rules query... Please transfer if I've placed it wrong!

Im hoping to get a playtest with the Strigoi list against an Empire mate of mine, but, when I sat down and started designing my list, I noticed that they did not have access to Ghoulkin... Was just wondering if this is a deliberate omission (can see it would be quite strong in the alternate list) or just something that slipped through the cracks?

Also, (and Im sure playtests will tell) Im a bit concerned that Strigoi are quite restricted to their setups, having no equipment and the same amount of points to spend on Bloodlines as everyone else... this worked fine in 6th as powers/ magicitems came from the same points pool but now... Was just wondering if maybe they should have a higher Bloodline points limit (say 150pts for lords, maybe 75pts for heroes?) or else access to talismans/ enchanted items? just a few preliminary thoughts...

Once the Ghoulkin query at least has been sorted I'll post a preliminary list here for your perusal before my game in a week or so's time (work permitting!)

EDIT: On further consideration, If Ghoulkin was included in a Strigoi "alternate army list" Id suggest it get a points boost as theres 3 units that would benefit, also, Id like to see some way to include the Royal Banner of Strigos (mainly for fluff reasons), possibly on the Court if we're dead set against a BSB...

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
RE: Queries about the Strigoi...

At the moment Ghoulkin is not included no. The issues you have raised are valid points, however we need to see feedback from playtesting before changes are made.

Look forward to seeing your army list!

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
RE: Queries about the Strigoi... (with army list for C&C)

Rightio, my army list as it stands for a possible game this weekend...

We've got a group of gamers getting together to do a few small games, so I thought It'd be a good chance to get some group criticism on the list. (Im risking the wrath of the Old Ones as I was going to bring my Lizzies!) and to ease my local group into the list, rather than slapping down a 2500/ 2250pt list and having them pick it up on the fly...

My list thus far is:

CHARACTERS
Maydrek the Deformed (Vampire General)
- Iron Sinews, Quicksilver, Summon Ghouls

Mardukh the Fallen (Vampire)
- Bat Form, Summon Creatures of the Night

Alahad, Bastard heir of Lord Veilen of the Border Princes
- Iron Sinews, Quicksilver, Summon Ghouls

So, my characters, Maydrek and Alahad run with the mainline and buff the ghoul units, Mardukh moves up a flank in a unit of bats with wolves in support. I doubt I'll get any worthwhile spells so I'll be focusing on raising with my 5PD, my mainline characters should be effective as Im dealing 5 strength 6 attacks each! the trade off of course being their lack of speed and minimal protection...

CORE

15 Ghouls - Ghast
10 Ghouls - Ghast
20 Court of the Ghoul King - Court Ghast

My frontline, hoping to raise more into the ghoul units as I go, the Court will be lined up 7 x 3 with Maydrek in the center and will hopefully shred whatever they come in contact with!

5 wolves
5 wolves
10 Ghoul Skirmishers
10 Ghoul Skirmishers

Gives me some speed and flanking punch, as well as being able to re-direct/ screen my main force.

SPECIAL

4 Fell bats

A bodyguard for my flying vamp, can be raised with his Summon Creatures power...

Varghulf

Had to be in there, was going to run 1 less character and fit 2 in but I thought that a bit evil for 1500pts...

So, there we have it! I like the idea of a Ghoul host, so I avoided skellies/ zombies/ GG/ Strigany (I really don't see a whole lot of point to skellies and zombies when they take away a special choice personally)

What do people think? Any changes to recommend?

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
Hi again all,

Sorry for the double post...

The games tomorrow morning so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know...