• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Question for the Mods/Admins

Corien Sumatris

Vampire Count
True Blood
Hey all you guys!!

So I'm playing in a 3,000 point GT on October 19th and 20th. I would like to keep a running report of what is going on so that the forum (or just those who care) can see whats going on. I've recieved a lot of help from everyone here and I'd like them to see how their advice helped. The reason that I need permission from you all is because I may end up breaking one of the big ole rule, the dreaded double post. If you are okay with this being broken for this 2 day event please let me know!

Side Note: I know that Aussie is playing in this tournament also, so if he would like I would be honored if he had the same ability as me for this tourney, then we can both post on the same thread and get cheered on by our Vampy Friends!

Lynks

Lord of RAW
Staff member
True Blood
You can easily avoid the double post by using the edit function and adding an extra section to your post. You could separate each section with a remark on how things are going, your opponent or a time stamp or something. I could see this having a decent number posts of yours between responses and you wouldn't want a list of 4 consecutive posts by you.

If you have been editing your post because no one has posted between your updates, then someone does, feel free to start a new post after them rather than continuing to edit your original post. (and then edit that)

Corien Sumatris

Vampire Count
True Blood
Oh I could do that for sure!! Thanks lynks

Edit: I'll have to be on my phone when I do it, and you can't edit posts on phones. Any other ideas??

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
As long as the new post contains genuinely fresh content, that couldn't be edited into the last post (for thematic or substantive reasons, or even for the bump), and you don't abuse it, I can't say I would personally admonish you for it. I say "personally" because as a rule double-posting isn't allowed to avoid abuse, but like ties and top-buttons in schools it's really there to stop the appearance of leather jackets and mini-skirts.