• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Quick question about Challenges.

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
If a character in the second rank has a rule that says they must issue Challenges (Queek Headtaker, for example), does their location in the second rank have any effect? Can a character issue a Challenge from the second rank?

Thanks!

I believe it says that you put the models in the challenge in base to base contact if possible, so I think you'd have to move the character from the 2nd rank into the 1st rank displacing another model.

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
I've got the move models bit, I think. What I'm wondering is if he can issue a Challenge in the first place. Though I'm nearly sure he can. I'd look myself, but I'm stuck at work.

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
True Blood
Any character or champion in the unit can issue or accept a challenge regardless of their position in the unit. I think the rulebook even describes it as the character doing so is pushing everyone out of the way like a boss to fight the other army's champion(s).