• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Quinten

Grave Guard
Jul 17, 2014
I recently played a game where I was running an unit of 2*2 varghiests they assaulted an unit of saraus warriors and the opposing player initially said they had to reform to be 3 with one trailing behind. He said the only reason that I was able to run them in non-standard (not 3 in each rank or more) ranks was because they are skirmishers and that all infantry that is deployed has to be in ranks of at least five and all MI has to be in ranks of at least 3. I proved him wrong however he then said I couldn't make supporting attacks unless I reformed to be in 'proper' formation. My two-part question is can I make supporting attacks if I am in a non-'standard' formation and can I reform before charging with skirmishers or make free reforms after charging.

najo

Mortarch of the Dark Soul
True Blood
Dec 23, 2012
Oregon
Only thing lost in non-standard formations is your rank bonus. You still get supporting attacks, which for monstrous infantry is 3 each. You cannot reform when charging, only after a round of combat during combat reforms.

Quinten

Grave Guard
Jul 17, 2014
Thanks. Why only three attacks? I thought that MI got unlimited supporting attacks.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu