• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
For starters, here is my converted Goblin team for GW's Blood Bowl! 🏈

Race: Goblins
Name: The Black Crag Konvicts

These mean gits come from the depths of the ugliest penitentiary in Black Crag and wider! And do they mean business!
Armed with shivs and other weapons of unreliable destruction they are ready to 'cause havoc on the battlefie....errm, I mean pitch.

Goblins are infamous for their use of dirty tricks to win games. Well, maybe not win, but do as much mess as possible at least. They are known for their extensive use of fouls, easier access to bribing mechanics and a wide variety of secret weapons. What's not to love? Blood Bowl teams usually don't use weapons except fist weapons so to convert the Night Goblins into a BB team I had to get rid of the spears and whatnot. Since the the whole point of the fouling mechanic is not to be seen, it seemed like a nice flavourful fit to give them little shivs and make them convicts.

So here are these respectable gentlemen. The crème de la crème.

The Linemen
The most expandable positions in the team. Best used for fouling opponents (no biggie if they get sent off) and being thrown (or eaten) by trolls.

19_9_7.jpg

20_10_11.jpg

42_77_6.jpg

Secret Weapons
To compensate for their lack of power, goblins have easy access to the mighty secret weapons! Here we have a Fanatic with Ball & Chain, a Looney with a chainsaw, and a Bombardier with a...bomb. Like all things goblin, they are somewhat unreliable but can cause some serious mayhem and massacre. Sometimes it can backfire of course. Like with poor Sprog here. He lost his nose in an incident involving a chainsaw. He doesn't like to talk about it.

x_17_18.jpg

Killer Kontraptions
These goblin only positions provide the team with more fun options of taking advantage using creative and highly illegal ways.
These are the Doom Diver, the Pogoer and the 'Ooligan.

x_y_z.jpg

IMG_20210626_145039.jpg

Trolls
Trolls are the heavy-hitters of the team. The big guys. The bouncers. They aren't very smart, but they can hit and they can take hits.
Their main advantage is that they can throw their goblin team mates to victory! Or into their stomach.

54_45.jpg

The Apothecary
When the goblins get injured, this big fella helps put them back in the shape by beating some sense into them.

IMG_20210626_145830.jpg

The Coach
Last but not least, here is the coach of this wild bunch, along with his pile of bribes. Goblins can use a lot of bribes to make the referee forget that he saw their misdoings. So who better to represent that than their coach. I really like how the smug smile brings out the character of a sleazy bribing git. The model used to hold a spear but this fits him much better. Also, the bribe pile consisting of a bag of goods, gold coins and wine & meat is fully magnetized so the bribe tokens can be removed when used.

IMG_20210626_145805.jpg

IMG_20210626_145921.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Darnok and Gederas

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Love it! Whilst undead will also be my first love, I always enjoy seeing other armie as well (I'll never forget my stunties as my first army!).

This collection is brilliant Raven Torrid. The conversions right down to their own names really brings them to life, and I like how you've clearly given some though to choose models which match their characters. Look forward to seeing more!

Reactions: Raven Torrid

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
Thanks Gederas & Disciple of Nagash!

Blood Bowl is a really great system for conversions and letting your imagination go wild - with 10-15 models needed per team you can really create a theme and give attention to detail. It was great fun to convert and name them, I put quite a bit of references in there too! 😁 I should really do them justice by putting some paint on them.
Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for GW to release the Vampire Counts team, wanna see what they have to offer and if I can give my own twist to it. 🧛‍♂️

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Yes, there's something to be said for a small number of models you can really focus your love and attention on! I'll keep my fingers crossed GW release the vamp ones as would be great to see what you do to them 😁

Darnok

Zombie
Aug 24, 2021
Nice stuff!

The Goblin team looks like a lot of fun, can't wait to see them painted - especially after seeing those gorgeous Elves! Damn, they look spectacular, congrats for the awesome team effort.

Reactions: Raven Torrid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu