• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Cracked open my Mantic Skeletons and discovered the basing, with the plastic circle attached to their feet. Not too happy as I'd just decided to put the whole army on home made resin bases.

Has anyone tried to cut these guys off their little circles, and if so is it a sensible thing to do or doomed to failure? I don't really want to have to replace them with GW Skellies at massive expense just because of this

Randar

Grave Guard
Feb 22, 2010
easy hot knife cut base where feet connect re glue them to any base you like!

Randar

Grave Guard
Feb 22, 2010
Anytime the sharper and thinner the knife the easier and nicer it will be scalpels work best :)

Blutsauger

Vampire Count
Apr 10, 2013
I recently did the same thing (although it was putting Mantic Zombies on round bases for 40K) and the easiest way was simply clipping the base off from around the feet with some side cutters like you'd use for cutting pieces off a sprue, and then clipping the remained of the round base off their feet. Very simple, and didn't require sharp blades or open flames :)

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Thanks, that's two approaches to try out. :thumbsup:

Here's a selection of the bases I designed, these have been cast and painted.

P1010019_zps86171b2c.jpg

And here's one I decorated ready to receive a skeleton (or other Undead critter)

P1010090_zps393f84c4.jpg

I'll be using bases like this for 95% of the army, with the larger ones being individually made (there's no saving in time or money unless you cast at least 20 copies I think!) and a few key models may get more developed scenic bases.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu