• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Repeated Downtime

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Hi all,

Yes I am still around, and no my broadband is still not sorted! Ended up having to fully cancel with my previous provider and now confirming a new install date with a brand new supplier.

I just wanted to let you all know I have noted the repeated server failures as of late and have reported it to our host, hopefully to properly fix.

Cheers

DoN

It's as if the server is not set to automatically restart services on reboot. The address replies to pings even if the site is down which implies that the machine is running just fine but http-server is down. Sometimes the http sends reply of another service's error. I assume those services are all on same machine, so it most likely is not connection problem. I hope this helps in some way.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Well things are not going too well with the host...they just are not responding in a timely manner.

I am going to look for a new host, so any recommendations would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Today I think the site was down most of the day? At least whenever I tried to get in here I got slapped :(

Good luck with finding a new host!

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
I'm staff on a online game "reighnofblood.net", been running strong over 5 years now with very few errors.
He is setting up his own host inside a week Ironically

Now he says odds are he could get something set up straight away but he needs to know details such as what the server uses and how much the host currently cost so he knows what it will cost him.

Now I am bouncing you his details once again in FB and Message onsite.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
No probs, I just had to give the lad a sharp prod.
He is fairly easy to get in touch with so if you don't hear anything back inside 24 hours let me know and I can skype him or grab him in chat.

Now he is expecting you so if everything is good he can probs have something ready for you inside a couple days tops with a much higher reliability.