• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Restarting the Legion

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Ok, so back. Again. xD

I'm ready to start work in this again, but there is an immense amount of previous info to go through. Rather than have pages and pages to trawl through I am going to start new threads with just the pertinent info.

The last time it got a bit too much with quite a few threads going at one time.

This time please only work on the threads currently open. We will then move on section by section and try and keep this ticking over nicely.

Any questions in regards to joining and working on this project can be made here.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
I'm ready to help, DoN. I will have to handle more work than last year, but I should still have ample time to post away in the Legion!

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
I'm always around. I'll keep an eye on the rules wordings and dev as per usual. I'll leave the fluff to you guys :D

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Just because we've done the army wide rules, it doesn't mean the project's over until the next vampire counts codex! We were working on core units alongside the army rules before DoN locked the core thread, so I suggest we go and finish the core rules off now.

Uziel

Vargheist
I suggest we do a "theme/history/"who the hell is the Legion of Nagash (present day version) section first, then move on to the Lore of Nagash, before we continue with the various troops, characters, etc...

The reason for the theme is that it will help us be more cohesive, and work towards the same goal/theme.

The reason for the magic lore, is that our magic lore will impact the army much more than your average battle magic lore, especially if magic is one of our strengths as well. Our spells will almost be a sub-set of army special rules in some ways.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Maybe we could do a summary of what units we're including in the army before we start to work on the troops.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
As DoN is back on Carpe Noctem, could he please unlock the core units thread, so we can carry on working on the Legion?

Uziel

Vargheist
Seems like the project has stalled again.

Well, I'm off to the "Land of the Dead" (Egypt) for a week in any case.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
I don't get it; DoN's returned to the forum once more, so both the admins could have unlocked a thread so we could progress, and it would only have taken a minute to do so - but they didn't. Maybe they had some reason for refraining from it. Seems like the Legion is truly dead - at least until 9th ed is released. :(

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Dread King - you need to realise that there is a lot going on. Upon my return I had to prioritise the importance of projects, TVC II was at the top of that list. Also I have a family and with it being Xmas I had a lot to do.

I will post a thread on here now.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
@DoN: Looking back at my previous post, I realised that it actually is quite offensive. I didn't mean for it to be that way at all; it sounded like I was whining, and I didn't want it to sound like that. Your reasons are perfectly valid; I just was annoyed that a thread was locked which I wanted to post in, and sad that posts had stalled once more and wondered if the project would ever be finished before a new edition was released.

I'm deeply sorry about the above post, and although this entire post sounds like a terrible cliche, I hope I can redeem myself. I look forward to posting once more in the LoN!