• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

TVC II OOC Restarting the TVC II - A Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for running away, so I will go think of a way to have Igor become aware of the assassins and then head back. (probably coming back to the campsite and assuming he should go back to drakenhoff)

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Bah! Can't find suitable funny pictures to respond, curse you work filter!
The point I was trying to make was to do with the Tome of Nagash not being a normal book, it's isn't just pages of writing it's the magic that is so intertwined in the tomes existance.

I thought it would be nice to reflect how he had went into reading the book unprepared and how it had nearly destroyed his mind (as was rped out during the Drakenhof scene). He didn't forget because he's mentally weak, he forgets because the magic was implanted in his mind during the struggle with the Tome's own will rather than something he just read. (Would the brief reading have been enough to learn anything of significance?).

What is Morty's current Magical stats anyway? 6 or 7?

But submit the idea for approval that most interests you for your character's development! It's you who's got to RP him afterall!
Bah! Can't find suitable funny pictures to respond, curse you work filter!

I know xD Was kidding around.

The point I was trying to make was to do with the Tome of Nagash not being a normal book, it's isn't just pages of writing it's the magic that is so intertwined in the tomes existance.

I thought it would be nice to reflect how he had went into reading the book unprepared and how it had nearly destroyed his mind (as was rped out during the Drakenhof scene). He didn't forget because he's mentally weak, he forgets because the magic was implanted in his mind during the struggle with the Tome's own will rather than something he just read. (Would the brief reading have been enough to learn anything of significance?).

What is Morty's current Magical stats anyway? 6 or 7?

But submit the idea for approval that most interests you for your character's development! It's you who's got to RP him afterall!

Edit: whoops, it seems that I have submitted this post half-baked. Curse you, tablet! Sorry, here is the proper, full post.

Morty did (as described in the RP,although somewhat poorly due to rushing my post because of time constraints) consume some warpstone before reading the book to help him with willpower issues, so he was somewhat prepared (yep Illidan, you got the line wrong). He wrote down one passage (it is important that he remembers this part for subplot reasons). Also, while I understand your reasoning here, I feel that RPing a powerful wizard with a fragmented mind would be ripping off someone else's (hint hint) idea.

Morturion is currently 7 for raw power and 8 for magical skill.

BTW, I may not be available much of the time over the next two days. Just a heads up,guys, but I will definitely be available for several hours a day once again come Monday.

Edit 2: what I RPed out in Drakenhof was the book attempting to control Mort's mind, not destroying it. I suppose it could be assumed that some damage might have been done to his mind in the process, though, but again, wouldn't I be stealing your thunder? I see your point quite clearly, I just think it might be difficult to RP the mentally damaged Mort you described without steering clear of turning him into a weaker version of Nekhlior. How would one avoid this?

Last edited:

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Oh sorry! I probably explained what I meant poorly. My idea was more based around having absorbed knowledge during the "battle of the wills" with the book but due to the arcane way he got that info (which was transferred as a freak incident) he doesn't normally known he it unless under great stress, say fear.
his mind would be in no way damaged!

Sorry for the poor quality of this post! My phone doesn't seem to like the forum very much!

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
I'm please to announce the two additional GM's are Get of W'soran and The Dread King.

With that sorted out I will be kickstarting wrapping up those chapters either tonight or tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.