• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
With the new 8th edition many of the rules we have designed may be obsolete, wrong, or over powered. I do think we should keep the concepts etc that we have thought up so far, but go through them carefully and amend them to fit the 8th edition when it is released.

I would be happy to do that, however I don’t want to do it on my own – so who would be interested in bringing the rules for the Legion of Nagash is upto date?

Once we have done that, we can then do more playtesting, especially once the new WFO system is online.

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
Dec 20, 2009
I'm in DoN, always had a soft spot for the Legion, just haven't had much chance to play with them of late... Anything I can help with just give a yell!

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Ok then, over this weekend I plan to start work anew on this project, so I hope you are all ready! xd

The plan is as follows - each section will be reviewed in a thread, much like the original threads were. To be respectful to the previous work put in we will not be changing the fluff / concepts unless really necessary, we will mainly be looking at rules.

If only a minor tweak is needed, then we will just amend.

If it is a complete overhaul (as imagine the magic lore might be for example), then we will put it to forum voting again.

Finally, to keep it all ordered, we will only be reviewing a couple of things at a time, not all at once. Hopefully we should be able to review it quite fast and get it ready for playtesting.

Sound ok to everyone?

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
Dec 20, 2009
I'm happy to pitch in... would it be best to re-work the magic before tinkering with anything else? I feel the flavour of the magic setup will really impact on the armylist changes a lot...

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Count me in. But I think that the magic and the units should be planned around the same time, then put into action at the same time (so characters with bound spells don't have bound spells that don't exist any more etc.).

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
This is a very old thread, and not pertinent as I have created a new thread for discussion.

[mod]Thread Locked[/mod]

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu