• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Reviewing for the 8th Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
With the new 8th edition many of the rules we have designed may be obsolete, wrong, or over powered. I do think we should keep the concepts etc that we have thought up so far, but go through them carefully and amend them to fit the 8th edition when it is released.

I would be happy to do that, however I don’t want to do it on my own – so who would be interested in bringing the rules for the Bloodline Armies upto date?

Once we have done that, we can then do more playtesting, especially once the new WFO system is online.

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
I'll work on this. Since I'm going to be helping guide people through 8'th anyways, combing through the Bloodline Armies shouldn't be too bad. I'm just horrible at point costs, though.

Count me in.

I'll give it a lash but the play testing is a problem seeing as very few members of my club are playing fantasy . Hopefully 8th will get a little excitement and maybe end some of the vamp hatred .

Evening all

I'll be happy to help you out DoN. At my club we are coming to the end of this season. We always take a break in July.

So I have time to check the bloodline rule and compare them to the 8th ed mainrules. I'll receive my copy July 10th.

We start playing again in August. Playtesting won't be a problem.

Yours
B

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Great, it should hopefully be a lot simpler that creating new rules, as the ideas and foundations are there - it's more a matter on conversion.

Also would any of you be able to help out with the Legion of Nagash conversion as well?

I posted over there and dammit I'm going to make my club members bring fantasy armies somehow I wonder if the perverted one has any suggestions :devil2:

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Wow. Look at the Leaked Magic Items thread.....

We're really going to haveta review some stuff....especially items that give stat boosts if half of these are true. I can see Strigoi and Lahmian having issues, though I honestly haven't looked at the rest of the Bloodlines....

+3 Toughness, then something that give a Strigoi more toughness? He'd be unkillable except by cannonballs.

Lahmians can get a shedload of attacks as well, which might not be a bad thing, I just get an uneasy feeling while looking at some of the supposed items.

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
I'd also be happy to review, rewrite, etc as needed to 8th changes.

Might be an idea to split up the work amongst a few people, and then reconvene with the suggested changes. Trying to get a bunch of people to review all the rules for the 5 lists might be difficult. But, split it up and giving each bloodline to someone (or maybe two people) and then see what people come up with.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Onikaigo said:
+3 Toughness, then something that give a Strigoi more toughness? He'd be unkillable except by cannonballs.
Don't forget Strigoi can't take magical items.

But its great to see there will be more support to help with the changes xD

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Ok then, over this weekend I plan to start work anew on this project, so I hope you are all ready! xD

The plan is as follows - each bloodline will be reviewed in a thread, much like the original threads were. To be respectful to the previous work put in we will not be changing the fluff / concepts unless really necessary, we will mainly be looking at rules. As we did have some feedback from playtesting we will also be taking that into account.

If only a minor tweak is needed, then we will just amend.

If it is a complete overhaul (as imagine the magic lore might be for example), then we will put it to forum voting again.

Finally, to keep it all ordered, we will only be reviewing a couple of things at a time, not all at once. Hopefully we should be able to review it quite fast and get it ready for playtesting.

Sound ok to everyone?

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Ill just copy and paste this from the legion 'Sounds like a plan, but unfortunatly I go away for 2 and a bit weeks this friday sad.'

Status
Not open for further replies.