• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Revitalising RP

The Archivist

Archivist of the word The
True Blood
Alright you bloodsucking bats of the Theatre de Vampyre, listen in. I've been away for a bit and things seem to have gotten a little dull, so I have a proposal for you all: a new RP.

Now I know that I'm not going to have it easy my end, since I'm in deepest darkest New Zealand, but that means there's a lot less of a case for in medias res.
If you're interested, or if you're still around with an idea of your own, speak up here.

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
I would be willing for another, and may be able to cook up one of my own, possibly a VAU, in the near future.

Edit: My VAU is up-the tale of Niklaus (from TVC II, if you want to know).

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood

I'll happily join any new RP (especially a VAU) if it piques my interest (which it probably will) and help revitalise an old one.

I have in mind an RP of my own, but it's still in the early development stage and I'm nots sure about running it. It most likely involves a breakout attempt from the soul-prison of Mort from the TVC (though will take place in Nagashizzar before the events of the TVC II). Would anyone be interested in RPing in such a role-play? I could start up an interest thread, I suppose, but everyone's looking to this thread and hoping to start new RPs through this thread, so I might as well put this RP out here. Would anyone be interested in joining this RP?

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
View attachment 1732
I'll happily join any new RP (especially a VAU) if it piques my interest (which it probably will) and help revitalise an old one.

I have in mind an RP of my own, but it's still in the early development stage and I'm nots sure about running it. It most likely involves a breakout attempt from the soul-prison of Mort from the TVC (though will take place in Nagashizzar before the events of the TVC II). Would anyone be interested in RPing in such a role-play? I could start up an interest thread, I suppose, but everyone's looking to this thread and hoping to start new RPs through this thread, so I might as well put this RP out here. Would anyone be interested in joining this RP?
Zug Zug *clears throat* I mean, yes of course.

The Archivist

True Blood
How do you guys feel about a relaxed freeform roleplay? Unless more people are checking in infrequently, we might have difficulty making anything more complex work.

If you guys are interested, I have been rolling an idea around that fits the bill nicely...

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Is this still a thing? I'd like to get back into online roleplay but find TVC II a bit too big and intimidating, especially coming from a different timezone where each time I sign in it would be a lot of catching up to do with posts that were made while I slept.

Preferably something in the 40k or warhammer setting, or in a fantasy setting for some nice escapism... if anyone feels like running something like that, I have lots of hours in my days and more creative energy than I used to so would love to join in.

Mello

Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum
True Blood
Archi's New eden RP is nice and "casual" and is set in a fantasy/distopia type meta.

As for me. Well..

You'd hardly expect me to return to this forum without setting up a new RP would you? :devil2:

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
I will give the New Eden stuff a bit of a read to see if its my cup of tea xD, and will eagerly await whatever you have to offer Melle :)

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Is this still a thing? I'd like to get back into online roleplay but find TVC II a bit too big and intimidating, especially coming from a different timezone where each time I sign in it would be a lot of catching up to do with posts that were made while I slept.

Preferably something in the 40k or warhammer setting, or in a fantasy setting for some nice escapism... if anyone feels like running something like that, I have lots of hours in my days and more creative energy than I used to so would love to join in.
@Sanai As a CoD mod, I am glad you are looking forwards to new RPs in this section. Don't despair if you can't find any RPs that you want to participate in at the moment - there will be more RPs to choose from very soon. :devil2:

As a TVC II GM, I want to know if there is any way in which I can help you find your way back into it. Chapter 6 is due to be launched in a very short time, so now's the best time to get back into it. IIRC, you live in Australia (correct me if I'm wrong). Not everyone's in a different timezone to you in the TVC II - IIRC there are about 3-4 Australian players in the TVC II that I know of (and probably many more are Australian and I just don't know it yet xD). Also, it's not as if many posts are made in 12 hours. I would urge you to look at the level of activity in chapter 4 - now, often whole days go by without anyone posting. If there is any way I can make it seem less intimidating to you, Sanai, please let me know. I'd recommend that you make a return to the TVC II, but, above all else, I'd recommend that you do what you enjoy. :thumbsup:

Mello

Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum
True Blood
speaking of revitalising, the forum has died :O

The Archivist

True Blood
Or has it?

Well, it seems if I leave it alone to visit a cousin it doesn't do much. TONE is still open Sanai.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
I'll probably be writing up a thingy for that roleplay you guys mentioned, and maybe ill make an interest thread for a small freeform roleplay, either a 40k one (Ordo Xenos/Deathwatch or Dark Eldar), a fantasy one (Probably Vampires/Undead, so we can play around with the End Times setting which doesn't happen in the TVC version of the Timeline).

But first, I gotta finish this Dawn of War 2 mission.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
I'll probably be writing up a thingy for that roleplay you guys mentioned, and maybe ill make an interest thread for a small freeform roleplay, either a 40k one (Ordo Xenos/Deathwatch or Dark Eldar), a fantasy one (Probably Vampires/Undead, so we can play around with the End Times setting which doesn't happen in the TVC version of the Timeline).

But first, I gotta finish this Dawn of War 2 mission.
I am up for both of these things! :D