• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Should the skeletons use the rules as below?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avaris

Black Knight
Aug 15, 2007
The Shire (yes, really)
Here is the second rules development thread to discuss; the basic skeleton infantry for the army (note, if anyone else wants to put up a development thread, feel free!)

This unit should be fairly simple to agree on, as it will largely be using the basic skeleton rules from the VC/TK books (are we allowed to post full rules and points costs for these for reference?). This will include the options for spears/lt armour but nothing else. This makes sense to me, but does anyone think we should modify them in any way, shape or form? Also, could someone check for any differences between the TK and VC versions?

ArchMagosAlchemys

Necromancer
Oct 16, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
I think 'modificactions' should go in Nagash specific units, so skeletons should be skeletons unless you want to give them an additional weapon option ( that someone would actually want to use, unlike so many of GW's options)

Light armour, shield and hand weapon is very efficient and spears are the usual alternative. I don't think that missile weapons should be an option.

ArchMagosAlchemys

Necromancer
Oct 16, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
My impression was that the army-style was to be a 'horde' , levened by a few interesting hard units. Thus I think that the 'bulk' units, like zombies and skeletons need to be cheap and simple. If heavy armour is an option, the shield and hand weapon skeleton with heavy armour and a 3+ save will be either automatic or too expensive.

When designing a variant list, as I did with my Lost Kindred on Asrai, you have to resist the temptation to tweak every unit. The individual tweaks may be fluffy and interesting, but the overall effect is a very 'chromy', expensive, and elite army.

Skeletons with GW and heavy armour migh be a great unit in other armies, but I don't think that they fit in the theme we have here so far.

Avaris

Black Knight
Aug 15, 2007
The Shire (yes, really)
Ok, we need to decide this properly. It seems fairly apparent that the rules are going to be the same as in the VC book, so I have set up a poll to confirm this. As before, it requires a majority vote from at least five people within a week.

To clarify, these are the rules as they would appear in the list.

Skeletons
Points/model: 8

Code:
.                      M Ws Bs S T W I A Ld
Skeleton               4 2  2  3 3 1 2 1 3
Skeleton Sergeant      4 2  2  3 3 1 2 2 3

Unit Size: 10-30
Weapons and Armour: Hand Weapon and Shield
Any unit may be equipped with light armour for +2 pts/model
Any unit may be equipped with spears for +1 pt/model
One skeleton may be upgraded to a Musician for +5 pts
One skeleton may be upgraded to a Standard Bearer for +10 pts
One skeleton may be upgraded to Sergeant for +10 pts

Special Rules: Undead

Maxim Von Carstein

Vargheist
Sep 13, 2007
how about the same rules that you have above, but when a skeleton unit charges roll a d6 and it gets hellish vigour? To represent Nagash's power over them perhaps?

Avaris

Black Knight
Aug 15, 2007
The Shire (yes, really)
As has been said before, simplicity is the key. I see no reason to make these skellies any better than normal, as Nagash isn't always going to be on the battlefield. Also, it isn't exactly a horde army Sid, or at least no more so than the current VC army is (where the limits are taken from)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu