• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Shaggoth base size question

Corien Sumatris

Vampire Count
True Blood
Hey Guys. So I have a model that is going to count as a shaggoth. The shaggoth is suppose to be on a 50x50. The model is a touch too big for a 50x50. Would anyone you know of have an issue with it being on a 50x75? I'm not altering the frontage, nor am I giving it a slightly wider front arc. I am not making the base smaller than it is suppose to be either. The only difference is that more models would be in base contact if I got flank charged, which I am okay with taking that hit, I just want to make sure that it's not going to be a big deal for people.

Also, I could leave it on the 50x50 and raise it up a bit but then the base wouldn't match the rest of the army and it would bug me.

Oh, I also wanted to note that the Dragon Ogres are on 50x75, but the biggest badest dragon ogre is on a slightly smaller base? what the crap!

Considering you would almost only put yourself at a disadvantage doing it, I can't see many player at game stores etc. having a problem with it. Tournaments, though, maybe... Depends on the organizers.

Corien Sumatris

Vampire Count
True Blood
Yeah, and the only way to use that to my advantage would be doing the terrorgheist trick. Lining the shaggoth up directly on the deployment line, then turning him on the spot would give me an extra 12.5mm's of movement, but as long as I don't do that then I don't see anyone complaining!