• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Sharkbelly

Crypt Horror
Sep 25, 2007
Montana
That's right. Plenty to keep us busy.

Speaking of which, here is the Darkoath Chieftain:

large.jpg

Reactions: Menkeroth

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Nov 11, 2013
Sehnde, Niedersachsen
Yeah, great as ever, and as promised, a tzaangor's head with him! ^_^ And very nice effects on metals too :) but I'd add more skulls and the like for the base though :)

Sharkbelly

Crypt Horror
Sep 25, 2007
Montana
So the Darkoath Chieftain came in handy in our latest foray into the Tower. We found him in one of the rooms and he accompanied us as a companion...

Our first encounter was with a room almost full of adevrsaries. However, we fought our way in.

large.jpg

large.jpg

The next room had some Screamers in it.

large.jpg

Then we found a strange swirling portal. So of course we jumped in.

large.jpg

It took us to another chamber with some enemies and a potential ally.

large.jpg

After healing the Darkoath Chieftain, he helped to battle our enemies.

large.jpg

We encountered a Skaven Deathrunner fleeing from an Ogroid Thaumaturge!

large.jpg

The Knight Questor challenged him to single combat while the party dealt with the others.

large.jpg

large.jpg

At last we reached the final encounter, which included the Ogroid Thaumaturge. Again.

large.jpg

It was actually a little anti-climactic after the previous fight, although the magic mushrooms kept things interesting.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Those stories of yours are really interesting, especially with those pictures accompanying them. You could make them into full battle reports :) Keep it up!

Sharkbelly

Crypt Horror
Sep 25, 2007
Montana
Tzaangors are done! For now. There is a lot of detail on these guys, and I am experiencing a little bit of fatigue with them...

large.jpg

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Sharkbelly I second the guys' comments beforehand, the armour looks a bit more khornate but it does go well with the skin, surprisingly :) Maybe working it towards purple would show the alignment towards tzeench more but they're cool as they are.

I'm a big fan of Hero Quest and have been thinking about picking up Silver Tower and Hammerhal these days, would you recommend them?

Sharkbelly

Crypt Horror
Sep 25, 2007
Montana
This Dark Eldar Archon struck me as being similar in style to the Kairic Acolytes (the shape of the sword blade, face on the helmet, etc.) and I decided to paint him up as a chaos lord to lead them.

large.jpg

Here he is leading a group of followers.

large.jpg

Sharkbelly

Crypt Horror
Sep 25, 2007
Montana
I finished up four more acolytes, but decided to paint the Lord Castellant next. Here he is:

large.jpg

Now the rest of the acolytes, and then Archimaine is the only one left!

Sharkbelly

Crypt Horror
Sep 25, 2007
Montana
I finally finished these guys! These are the last of the 18 Kairic Acolytes.

large.jpg

Archimaine--or my take on him anyway--is done as well.

large.jpg

Sorry, the pictures are not great...

Sharkbelly

Crypt Horror
Sep 25, 2007
Montana
Thanks! It actually wasn't too bad. The Reikland Fleshshade did most of the work. :-)

Up next are a bunch of greenskins that I have had sitting around for a while.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu