• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Should I..?

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
I am in a dielemma...
I'm undecided on whether I should sign up for TVC or not...
I know I shouldn't really be doing this, but the indecision is killing me...

I think it would be great for me to apply fot TVC or not, and I'm sure it will be great fun.
However, I've got no idea what the story is so far, and the current forty-something chapters are somewhat... intimidating.
Also, I'm concerned that it might be to much of an effort (i.e. that I would be expected to contribute often). If I did join, I probably wouldn't post in it very often...
And finally, and this is more of an inside-of-my-head (not a very nice place to be, believe me) type of thing, I'm uncertain on whether to commit my vampire (Harland) to the story - I've already sort of planned out what happens way into the future, and I'm uneasy with the... conflict.

Don't worry about when you join (I joined about 33/34 I think, then had to leave from being busy, then rejoined just now)
As for post regularity, sometimes posting's irregular, sometimes its fast, but if you can't post and your needed to continue the plot someone would post on your behalf without changing what your character would be expected to do. So I'd say feel free to join, but if you do try to post at least semi-regularly.

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
I joined, but probably wont be able to find a spot to actually join in for awhile...but go for it anyway!

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Do it, the forty-odd chapters scared me; so I didn't read them. I just had my vampire ignorant of the past events, and allowed people to slowly trickle information into me. There might be a summary thread? If yes, that will help... DO IT!

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
You can join in, to be part of the glory of the final battle against Nagash!

You just need to bear in mind that the TVC is drawing to a close (it has been running for over 2 years now!), but there is a sequel in the planning. So you could get the feel for it now as a minor character, and then if you like it play a more prominent character in the sequel?

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Good idea DoN...
(Note: You can stop reading now. I just need to get my thoughts down)

The only thing would be, I don't think I'd use Harland... no, defenitely not.... no. He's the main character in my stories, and I know exactly what I want to do with him (more or less).
So, the question is, who? Who should my vampire be? Does it even have to be a vampire? I should think so. hmm.... think think think....:smash:

There we go. No need to answer any of those questions, by the way. As I said, I needed an outlet for my thoughts.

Aha, thats exactly what I was just thinking, but I went ahead and posted my char on there anyways :)

Figured if you guys didn't want me as the story is ending soon then I could just be in the frame for next time :D

Ball's in your court DoN ^^

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
hmm... He doesn't really have any friends...
Althouch actualy, come to think of it, he does:
  • PH von FB: no character, didn't really like him, so I gave him away.
  • Konrad: Already an existing character (not in the TVC, though)
  • Shredder: A flippin' Varghulf, for God's sake!
  • Lebnak: A necromancer. Now (unun)dead.
  • Al: AHA! A possible character in my installements. I didn't use him in he end. Basically, a very angry vampiric dwarf
  • The Vamplin: no idea what happened to him....
  • Pinkie: a gay chaos lord
What do you think?

Hmm, I suppose technically a human could help us in the sense that either a necromancer could do so, or one who simply desires power/vampirism like the ones who helped vlad. Could be interesting to see Lebnak a necro helping the other vampires (don't think we've seen many non vampires) don't be afraid to revive him for use in TVC or simply create another character if you want.
A vampire dwarf could be fun simply because it sounds crazy, just try not to go over the top like I did with my guy being mega curious about vampiric eating and excretion.
As long as you keep him realistic you could do what you want within limits of course.

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Hmm:
Pinkie = Gay Chaos Lord. Character hasn't been fleshed out yet, and has potential. Don't know the aim of the story, so I don't know what his motives would be.
Al = Just generally angry.
Lebnak = No, he's dead. Same story as PH, only he drew the short straw.

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Another thing to help me decide.... Does my character have to be a 'goog' guy (that is to say, on the same side as everyone else)?

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Ok, I've decided! (or rather, had an epiphany.)
He's not a vampire though. I hope that's OK.
Off to the signup thread!

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Lol TVC is ending soon? Timing or what. Although I guess DoN or somebody already has an ending in mind, does this mean you also have a sequel in mind? On that note, would there be a big "cool-down" as such, as I can see organising the TVC has been hard work, and you probably want a rest? Or are you like me? (A mindless slavering work-dog who never sleeps! Never!)

Probably should've posted this elsewhere... but Harland seemed to have got what he wantet from the thread, think of this as a thread-jack.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
There is a sequel in the planning, with the story already being planned.

It can continue soon after the TVC has finished depending on what the players want to do - some may want a break after all.