• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Show us your Army

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Great idea

And great looking army. The blue on the BSB banner looks fantastic amongst all the red.

I'll contribute since I just recently took a army picture.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
I'll have to rank my army on my battle table this weekend and get one myself great armies you two. And great idea fallen.

Reaper

Wight King
Those are great looking armies you have there! :) I have to ask Mad'At, who(what model) is the pale lady in blue dress next to the wraith? :konrad:

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
I'm looking forward to seeing your army Santa, it is bound to be impressive.

The lady in the blue dress is the Deathwalker from the warmachine range produced by privateer press. In the box you also get Goreshade the Bastard who also makes a great vampire IMO, some day I'll paint him too.

More info on pretty much everything you see in the picture can be found in my plog (link in signature).

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
too bad alot of the 12000 pts is still unpainted eh. Thanks for the info on the vamp's I am always looking for new undead to add. :suck:

desfer

Necromancer
Ah this is my favorite of all "Show us your.." threads! I love photos of completed armies! Great job all, very impressive :thumbsup:

Zhatan said:
Wow that army is huge. How long has it taken you to paint them all?
It has taken me over two years - and this is an old picture from probably a year or more ago. I started about a year and a half before 8th Edition came out. I have added a bunch more ghouls and some metal skeleton models. This does not count Bad Santa's worker army, which is about 140 models. I will see if I can't array all of the Hordes and re-shoot the picture with my newer, better DSLR

Holy heck, Sukhmet. THAT is a BIG army. Approximately how many points have you got all together? And how often are you gonna get to use the whole army at once?

benvoliothefirst said:
Holy heck, Sukhmet. THAT is a BIG army. Approximately how many points have you got all together? And how often are you gonna get to use the whole army at once?
Let's see

140 Zombies at 3 points = 420 points
140 skeltons at 5 points = 700 points
7 skeleton commands at 30 points 210 points
53 Grave Guard at 11 points = 583 points
2 Grave Guard Commands at 30 points = 60 points
16 Black Knights at 23 points = 368 points
12 Wraiths at 50 points = 600 points
3 Banshees at 75 poitns = 225 points
1 Spirit host at 65 points = 65
1 Corpse Cart at 120 = 120 points
1 Black Coach at 200 Points = 200 points
6 Blood Knights at 55 points = 330 points
Blood Knight Command = 30 points
26 Direwolves at 8 points = 208 points
80 Ghouls at 10 points = 800

(and I'm sure that I forgot some)

4919 points, not including characters. If you go max points on characters, just about 10000 points

I doubt that I will ever play the army all at once, ever. That sort of battle would simply take too long to set up and play.

I still have zombies, grave guard (old school great weapons), armored skeletons (the great weapon kind), a Nightmare Legion set, black knights, Gamezome mournful knights, 2 zombie dragons, winged nightmare, spirit hosts and mounted and dismounted to paint.

Yowsa!

Melle

Sir Larpsalot, champion of larpers
True Blood
Here's a pic of my army..
picture is taken by the dude whom I Bought the army from.
Wanted get into playing fast, and will develop the army in time. as you can see, not a single zombie in, yet

very good army!
I have an army of 60.000pti and more, but it is partially painted and it is very very difficult to photograph...
I never seen it all in unique table...
I hope to paint it all within the next 30 or 40 years! :perv:

Mad said:
Great idea

And great looking army. The blue on the BSB banner looks fantastic amongst all the red.

I'll contribute since I just recently took a army picture.
The front vampire on the left look awesome, where it come from? :thumbsup:

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Our left? The male vampire? That one is an old GW miniature I had the luck of getting my hand on from ebay. More precisely he is from the Ethereals range, mid eighties (according to InkubPendragon). Here is a link to that range. Sadly he wouldn't be very easy to find these days...

The little lady on the other side is from warmachine.

These are all of the models that I've completed painting in the past three months. The walking corpse cart is a corpse giant, or Necrofex Colossus. These are for a tournament. I'm also working on adding some Skin Wolves, but only one is painted. I apologize for the length of the post.

robtion

Vampire Thrall
@IceWight: Really great looking army. Any chance of a closer pic of the corpse giant? Great idea :thumbsup:

akiro27

Wight King
So I dug up all the pieces to my army (spread out all over) and put them on the board to take a picture for this thread... then i realized how many were still unfinished ... way more than I remembered! *facepalm*

Then I realized how much work it was to set it all up and find lights, so I decided to break the 'no-WIP' rule ;)

Not the best pic, but here's a link to the album.

... and now I better get back to painting.

-aki

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
akiro that army looks incredible! Great job on setting up the lights, too, lol.
There are literally so many great looking models on that table that I couldn't possibly pick a favorite.
Love the BSB, the 'ghulf with the huge wings, the crypt horrors, engine and the TG.

Very nice army!