• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

count kill alot

Vargheist
May 16, 2010
This is meant to be a "blog" by which people of all nations can post up their Blood Knights for all the "oohhh's" and "ahhhh's" of their fellow VC hobbyist and players.

Link to Show Us Thread Index.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flagg

Zombie
Sep 6, 2010
Hi!

Here are my Blood Knights!

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd410/Patrikharenstam/nyr162.jpg

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd410/Patrikharenstam/nyr161.jpg

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd410/Patrikharenstam/nyr160.jpg

I tried desperately to post the image directly on this site, but all I could manage were these photobucket links... Does anyone know how to make the images appear directly in the thread?
New try:

ai1218.photobucket.com_albums_dd410_Patrikharenstam_nyr160.jpg

ai1218.photobucket.com_albums_dd410_Patrikharenstam_nyr162.jpg

ai1218.photobucket.com_albums_dd410_Patrikharenstam_nyr161.jpg

Cuzzy

Varghulf
Jan 7, 2011
the Netherlands
@ Flagg Photobucket has a specific option to post images on websites.
When you go over the picture with the pointer a couple of options appear, among those is an option called img.
If you copy that link and post it here you will see the pictures

I just saw you edited it so I guess my info was useless

count kill alot

Vargheist
May 16, 2010
Flagg those are awesome your painting skills are amazing especially love the battle damage on the shields, the highlighting and skin tone works really well.:thumbsup:
:Vampire1: Did you free hand that banner cos it looks spectacular :Vampire1:

Count Lasombra

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 10, 2010
Memphis
First off,love the banner the,I particularly like the way you used the red to bridge the value difference between the black an yellow.
It may be the photo angle,but they look oddly postured on their mounts to me.

Cuzzy

Varghulf
Jan 7, 2011
the Netherlands
I agree with Lasombra, they look like they will fall over.
Have you glued them to their horses already? Or does that still needs to be done?

Flagg

Zombie
Sep 6, 2010
Thanks for the positive feedback!
@ Cuzzy: Yeah i figured it out, thanks anyway!

The banner is freehand. I'm quite pleased with it.
yeah, the "falling over" posture is mostly due to the photoangle. I wanted to get a shot of the Kastellans face and his horse and posture is tilted back.

Cuzzy

Varghulf
Jan 7, 2011
the Netherlands
The face on the Kastellan looks good!

PS. When you want to add something to your post, you could use the edit button, prevents double posts.

dimihamuzu

Ghoul
Oct 7, 2010
Jakarta
great job flagg! your blood knights are every bit as good as the one GW painted and displayed on their website, banner looks amazing and i dare to say that you painted their faces even better.. awesome blood knights! :thumbsup:

akiro27

Wight King
Oct 1, 2010
Minnesota
Just put together my first BKs - good lord they took forever. Now I just need to find a way to use these badboys!

(note: I'm just starting out with painting. No chance am I going to try painting the banner yet)

-aki

ai.imgur.com_gneaSl.jpg

ai.imgur.com_hkZ96l.jpg

count kill alot

Vargheist
May 16, 2010
Very nicely done A they are looking awesome, and as far as a beginner I don’t see any noob mistakes so take your self of that list.

zombie fist

Zombie
Sep 29, 2010
Welp guess I'll be the first to post converted blood knights in this thread. I'll preface this by saying 2 things. 1) I HATE PAINTING RED. I dunno I just hate it, I never like the way it looks, especially over black. And 2) The banner may or may not be finished... it needs some kind of design but I am not an artist so I don't want to screw it up. I might just keep it a simple colored banner. The holes were made by heating up a coat hanger on the oven and poking it through the banner. In an attempt to "tatter" it up a bit...

Oh and the bodies/mounts are Dragon Princes, but the heads are all from Empire Flagellants, except for the Kastellan I used a ghoul head, grave guard glaive for the sword, and grave guard shield. The skulls on the bases are just extra skele bits, except the skull pile which came with the Screaming Skull Catapult some 10 years ago.

So here we go:

View attachment aimg851.imageshack.us_img851_87_bkall.jpg

The bodies/mounts are Dragon Princes, but the heads are all from Empire Flagellants, except for the Kastellan I used a ghoul head, grave guard glaive for the sword, and grave guard shield.

View attachment aimg577.imageshack.us_img577_9537_bkclose.jpg

View attachment aimg545.imageshack.us_img545_1022_kastellan.jpg

View attachment aimg196.imageshack.us_img196_7535_standardq.jpg

View attachment aimg607.imageshack.us_img607_315_musician.jpg

Cuzzy

Varghulf
Jan 7, 2011
the Netherlands
Awesome conversion zombie fist (although I am not so fond of the ghoul heads myself).
Paintjob is also very nicely done. The eyes of the horses are not noticable and could use some more attention.

count kill alot

Vargheist
May 16, 2010
The conversions are ace and the painting is excellent, I’m not shore if I agree with you on the color red as I find it looking spectacular, the only trouble for me is that its overdone 8 out of 10 are red themed.
On a separate note all together I think cuzz is right the horse’s eyes need some work and if I could suggest the nostrils as well, by doing so I think they will look even awesomer.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
I love the converted blood dragons they are awsome I might have to try that one. blood dragons calvery is one I have yet to try.

Uthiliano

Black Knight
Mar 10, 2009
Aarhus
Not alot of BKs in here yet all are really well done!

Adding the first cavalry to my army (I now only need Black Knights to field the entire VC selection... ohh yeah and an Abyssal Terror)

ai837.photobucket.com_albums_zz299_Egern_photo_foto20.jpg_db80f826cce16dd36e5b4f546019e4ff.jpg

/Uthiliano

gorethumb

Ghoul
Apr 18, 2011
Uthiliano said:
Not alot of BKs in here yet all are really well done!
its a very expensive thread lol great work on all of them though. I opted for the dragon prince conversions myself.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu