• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Show us your Dire Wolfs (Doom Wolf)

Adam_Barrow said:
I'm so jealous. I want a reason for wolf rats in my skaven army so bad. Were they fun to paint? You've really made them look dirty. It's a nice effect.
Since I was going for quick 'n dirty, I basically drybrushed the entire model in progressively lightening shades of gray. I picked out the leather with a light coat of brown, and since it was already shaded from the gray drybrushing, the highlighting was already there. I picked out the bandages with some off-white and then did some gooey reddish black splotches all over 'em. (I figured anyone willing to bandage up a bunch of ravenous wolf rats only wanted 'em to live long enough to fight a battle and wouldn't do a great job of it!) The whole thing was pretty fun, but then, I'm a drybrushing addict. The level of detail on the forgeworld stuff is amazing.

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
My own take on dire wolves - green theme and the same colour as all my zombies ;)

And some closeups

Minty

Grave Guard
I like those a great deal. They have a powerful feeling of decay, of something that's been mouldering in the ground for a long time. Perhaps underwater?

Can almost hear the squish and drip as they move...

Blutsauger

Vampire Count
True Blood
They're really nice, I wish I'd thought of a scheme along those lines when I was painting my wolves!

Hello!

I finally have pictures of some of the models I have painted for my VC army. I have been wanting to post model pictures on this forum since I found it, so this is super exciting for me xD.

Below is a Photobucket link to a bunch of pictures of my dire and doom wolves. I tried out some orange/red/yellow layered fire effects on the mane of one, then blue fire effects on another, followed by purple, and pretty soon it turned into TEAM RAINBOW WOLF! xD

http://s1374.photobucket.com/user/PodUnicorn/library/Warhammer%20Fantasy%20Models/Dire%20and%20Doom%20Wolves

first post in a LONG LONG time, but I updated 5 wolves in anticipation of finally getting to try out AOS(super excited). so I had them painted on those square bases(that I hated.) and I thought this would be a great chance to update them into a cool kind of gruesome base scheme so without further ado.