• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Show us your Hex Wraiths

untitled_musketeer

Vampire Count
True Blood
Joined
Aug 9, 2010
Messages
1,441
#1
Seeing as many excited hobbyists will be getting their new models tomorrow, I figured we best extend count kill alot's great 'Show us' series to include the new additions.

So, show us your Hex Wraiths!

Seeing as many excited hobbyists will be getting their new models tomorrow, I figured we best extend count kill alot's great 'Show us' series to include the new additions.

So, show us your Hex Wraiths!

EDIT: Oops, Coven Thrones are in the other thread!

Link to Show Us Thread Index.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tawg

Vampire Count
True Blood
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
1,132
#5
Duke Danse Macabre said:
Love the whispy effect on the base, what did you do?
Looks liiikee, nylon-y wool teased out?

It's certainly not cotton balls :ghost:
(I just like speculating)
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2011
Messages
55
#6
Great job! Not sure about the whispies, but I'm painfully, old-fashionedly no-frills when it comes to modelling - I like everything to be solid. I really like the hardcore ethereal paintjob, though!

I got my own hexwraiths this afternoon. Started putting them together, and since the black knight barding is included on the rider's legs, I was all like "Wow! You can actually use the same horse for both BK and HWs and just swap the rider as needed!" I put one rider of each together to test it out. It worked! So I was all like "OMG! This is amazingly generous, user-oriented product design! But completely unexpected from the GW we've grown to know and despise!"

And then I realised that most of the BK riders have barding that links up around the horse's neck, so only two of them are interchangeable. :slapface::mad2: I guess at least with two boxes, you have four models with interchangeable riders, making for units of up to 7 of each. Don't know if that's a bonus or not, given that you'd need to paint all of the ponies the same.
 

eggsPR

Vampire Count
True Blood
Joined
Aug 28, 2011
Messages
1,139
#7
Thanks! Nope, not cottonballs... I teased out cotton swabs (Q tips, used for cleaning out ears and such)... it's much more pliable than a typical cotton ball because it's sort of pre-spun and stringy.

Yeah I only use the fog for spirit hosts and... umm... now these lol! Plus it saves me who knows how long putting rocks/pebbles/grass on the base :D
 

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Joined
Oct 30, 2009
Messages
5,229
#8
Looks amazing :tongue: see, the hexwraiths are good models, they just need a cool paintjob.
 

Zhatan

Necromancer
Joined
Feb 6, 2011
Messages
801
#10
Really nice paintjob, almost changes my mind about the hexwraith models which I found to pretty meh.
I much prefer this gloomy etheral paintjob rather than the standard bright one. Do you mind sharing the recepie for these?
 
Joined
Apr 28, 2011
Messages
146
#11
Zhatan said:
Really nice paintjob, almost changes my mind about the hexwraith models which I found to pretty meh.
I much prefer this gloomy etheral paintjob rather than the standard bright one. Do you mind sharing the recepie for these?
100% agreed. I might actually pick some of these up now.
 

eggsPR

Vampire Count
True Blood
Joined
Aug 28, 2011
Messages
1,139
#12
Zhatan said:
Really nice paintjob, almost changes my mind about the hexwraith models which I found to pretty meh.
I much prefer this gloomy etheral paintjob rather than the standard bright one. Do you mind sharing the recepie for these?
no problem at all

Black base coat, Adeptus Battlegrey, Asurmen Blue Wash, Orkhide Shade dry brush, slight White dry brush, slight Scorpion Green dry brush, more Asurmen Blue Wash, and lastly more Scorpion Green dry brush to make the eyes/mouths/flames pop.

I'm contemplating picking up 5 more... a unit of 10 5x2 will scare the bejesus out of peeps and be incredibly effective (and even withstand a fireball spell)

Happy painting xD
 

Nikos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Joined
Feb 26, 2010
Messages
1,129
#16
Brovatar that is a smashing unit of hexwraiths, well painted and very dramaticaly posed :thumbsup:
 

datalink7

Black Knight
Joined
Aug 30, 2010
Messages
327
#18
headhunter said:
Hi folks,

Im new here , so I thought to show some of my work, and see what you all think of it.

best,

-Dean.


Your picture is too small. I can't make out anything. Can you post a larger one?
 
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
3
#21
Inspired EGGSPR, I wanted these being to run through fog so I got the idea and tried it out. - Though used fatcotton.
I wanted the ethereal feel to them and I didn't really want to go with the traditional necromancer green so I went for blue.
Now I just need to start a VC army. :ghost:

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash3%2Fs720x720%2F562030_10151074947212613_1500652011_n.jpg&hash=8849846dd836d72374bbc21637e9e916

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash3%2F523155_10151075193587613_1419431617_n.jpg&hash=ebac5940c419e3d04f3c1ef914122801


My 2 cents. Enjoy.
 

eggsPR

Vampire Count
True Blood
Joined
Aug 28, 2011
Messages
1,139
#22
Wallwalker said:
Inspired EGGSPR, I wanted these being to run through fog so I got the idea and tried it out. - Though used fatcotton.
I wanted the ethereal feel to them and I didn't really want to go with the traditional necromancer green so I went for blue.
Now I just need to start a VC army. :ghost:

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash3%2Fs720x720%2F562030_10151074947212613_1500652011_n.jpg&hash=8849846dd836d72374bbc21637e9e916

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash3%2F523155_10151075193587613_1419431617_n.jpg&hash=ebac5940c419e3d04f3c1ef914122801


My 2 cents. Enjoy.
ahem, you mean inspired "by" eggsPR? :perv:
 

Bullhax

Vampire Count
True Blood
Joined
Sep 12, 2011
Messages
1,053
#23
Here's my Hexwraiths I removed the god awful flame helmets replaced the Hellwraiths scythe with a cleaver from the Chaos Knight kit.!



If you want to see more pictures head over to my plog (link in signature)
 
Joined
Sep 28, 2011
Messages
170
#24
Bullhax said:
Here's my Hexwraiths I removed the god awful flame helmets replaced the Hellwraiths scythe with a cleaver from the Chaos Knight kit.!



If you want to see more pictures head over to my plog (link in signature)
I really dig these! :konrad:
 

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
Joined
May 15, 2008
Messages
5,515
#25
That is one, sick cleaver, Bullhax.
I like the white highlights on the steeds' coverings (what is the word for that, anyway?)
How did you make the snow, by the way? Standard hobby store stuff?
 
Top