• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Fallen Angel

Vargheist
Jun 4, 2009
Trollhättan, Sweden
Since we got ourselves a new beastie I thought we should have a "show us yours" thread for it as well. Surly someone must have painted one by now? I know I have!

Link to Show Us Thread Index.

Here he is, hope you like him :vampire2:

CIMG2415.jpg

CIMG2416.jpg

CIMG2417.jpg

CIMG2418.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Noctis

Skeleton
Aug 20, 2007
RE: Show us your Terrorgheist

I really like the wings! I keep peering through them.

Loving the freshly picked clean bone look, sometimes it can look "odd" but you've managed to make it work!

I stand in awe, or cowering if that thing so much as comes near me!

Tim

Grave Guard
Aug 7, 2011
Rotterdam

Wauw the foto's made me realize how tall this figure is. Those wings are so high.

Corpse Gatherer

Skeleton
Dec 8, 2010
Manchester

Apologies for the slightly dodgy photo's but I'm having to use my phones camera.

Mines not quite finished. I just need to do the base, which I haven't decided if I'm going to add anything else too it or just sand/slate it up then add some snow.

Anyway, pictures.

ai20.photobucket.com_albums_b208_XSE_bishop_2011_08_21_22_26_07_214.jpg

ai20.photobucket.com_albums_b208_XSE_bishop_2011_08_21_22_25_19_658.jpg

ai20.photobucket.com_albums_b208_XSE_bishop_2011_08_21_22_25_08_735.jpg

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008

The more pics I see of this model, the more I like it. I really do GW has sculpted a decent VC model for once xd Nice work to both of you.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy

I suppose I will make a ZD thread when I have finished mine... or is there already one?

SoulSeeker

Ghoul
Dec 2, 2010

I'm a bit odd in my view on the new model. I think it's too big. :O Maybe I'm too old and grumpy (I am painting dwarfs at the moment) but I just get turned off by the wow-awesome-huge-monster approach taken by GW recently. I like monsters and stuff like that in fantasy, one of my favourite models in the VC army is the varghulf, but this thing is just too big for me. If I could shrink it down by about a third it would be perfect.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy

Maybe I'm too old and grumpy
I think thats probably it :tongue:

Personally I thought alot of the old minis were too small (particularly some of the old dragons where they barely looked like they would realistically be able to fly with the rider on their back!)
But then again being a 40k guard player, I like big things. Big infantry hordes, big guns and even bigger tanks/monsters.

Tim

Grave Guard
Aug 7, 2011
Rotterdam

Yeah it is so big, when I get it think I'm going to try to magnetize it so it can come apart.

silenti79

Skeleton
Apr 22, 2011

Damn this thing is big, it's going to make my lord on zombie dragon look tiny. I'm kinda not liking that about it. Aside from it's size, it does look pretty sweet. Nice job painting them both of you.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010

All awesome. I especially liked the blue armoured vampire; the armour itself is very intricately painted. And it also made me realise it IS possible to put the armoured guy on the TG, which makes me VERY happy. I need to get home and start building.... arrgh. A Garden of Morr, ten Dire Wolves, TG, 5 Blood Knights and 10 Ghouls ALL sitting in their boxes.... MUST PAINT!

Uthiliano

Black Knight
Mar 10, 2009
Aarhus

Also just completed... or not quite complete still need a few touches and something done with the base...

ai837.photobucket.com_albums_zz299_Egern_photo_foto3.jpg_6a684e94278d6dd38b52da90c76bc3f5.jpg

ai837.photobucket.com_albums_zz299_Egern_photo_foto2.jpg_847b471c0fb12fc8cc47578959307f2d.jpg

/Uthiliano

Von Calyptra

Black Knight
Mar 3, 2011
Boston, MA

Uthiliano, that came out really nice. Also, is that this forum on the screen in the background? That's so meta...

Uthiliano

Black Knight
Mar 10, 2009
Aarhus

Haha yep it is... was just done with it and decided first thing to do was take a pic and upload it to Carpe Noctem :)

I really need to learn some tricks on how to make nice bases... they'd really make my models look much much cooler... I'm ever only using sand and grass...

Nagashizzar

Vargheist
Apr 22, 2011
Québec City

Fallen Angel said:
Here he is, hope you like him :vampire2:

It's is really nice! I would love to see mine exactly like that. Unfortunatly, I have few more years of practice before be able to paint just as near as good as you! hehe :thumbsup:

The only thing I like less about the TG is that it's too big. It's almost like a toy! :lol:

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Aug 16, 2007
Colchester

Some really nice Terrorgheist's here, I really like Uthiliano one, very cool

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy

Uthiliano, try getting the warhammer basing kit. Its expensive, so you might wanna try and get it cheaper of ebay or something, but it really helps alot. It comes with 2 tubs of slate (medium and large) a tub of resin basing details, and a tub of pretty much entirely resin bases, as well as a brass sheet of leaves.
Most of my fantasy bases consist of first gluing on a few bits of medium slate (rocks)(undercoat black, drybrush codex gray), then I glue on some small slate (which only comes in the 40k kit, but sand does pretty much the same thing) painting the small slate (or sand) as dirt (undercoat black, drybrush scorched brown, drybrush graveyard earth, add devlan mud) then when the whole mini is painted, I add scorched grass flock to any area I didnt cover with dirt/stones.
I also add the occasional resin bit from the basing kit or just skeleton bits here and there throughout the unit to create objects of interest.
You can also base the occasional member of the unit on top of a large piece of slate to create height differences if you wish.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu