• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Show us your Wraiths and Banshee

RE: Show us your Wraith's and Bashee

Here's my Wraiths. I made them in a small rush so I guess it's best to repaint them when I have time enough. :)

EDIT: The pictures got lost, whoopsie...

- Cheers, Skarsnik.

I don't own a banshee yet and I don't plan to get one in the near future, wraiths are fine as they are imo. And here are mine:

Cheers,

Dogmar

Skar they look good the only thing missing are the eyes in my humbled opinion but other than that I like.

D those are awesome are the blades GG’s two-handed weapons?

Exactly. The LotR models that came with spears got one of the blades each attached to them and then GS'ed the rest to make it look more like a scythe. Not the best conversion to be honest, but it was darn cheap and looks sufficient.

Yea I've been looking at the LoTRs range, some of them models, especially the nazghul types are just amazing...

I just hear they're pretty tiny next to the warhammer range, the only thing that puts me off tbh.

Nice conversion work with the scythes the GG weapons do look the part.

-Valdiroth

datalink7

Black Knight

I was trying to go for something like Dogmar (those look great by the way... mind sharing how you did it?), but I'm not a great painter so they didn't come out that great. Here they are:

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/datalink7/Warhammer/?action=view&current=Wraiths1.jpg
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/datalink7/Warhammer/?action=view&current=Wraiths2.jpg
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/datalink7/Warhammer/?action=view&current=Wraiths3.jpg

Sure, painting them was relatively easy. You blend them from black up to white and then give the whole thing a nice and even wash of Thraka Green. If you like to you can set some final highlights with pure skull white and voilà you're done! :)

You can find a step by step tutorial on the technique in the Invocation #6 (stickied in the Announcement section) and some WIP shots in my painting log.

As for the conversion: as I said, just glue a GG great weapon blade to a spear, Add some GS to the other side to make it look like a scythe and sculpt the figure a hood, which is relatively easy. Just flatten a ball of GS with about the same size as the head, put it around it and then add structure to it with a sculpting tool or modelling knife until you're happy with the result.

Hope that helps,

Dogmar

datalink7

Black Knight

Dogmar said:
Sure, painting them was relatively easy. You blend them from black up to white and then give the whole thing a nice and even wash of Thraka Green. If you like to you can set some final highlights with pure skull white and voilà you're done! :)

You can find a step by step tutorial on the technique in the Invocation #6 (stickied in the Announcement section) and some WIP shots in my painting log.

As for the conversion: as I said, just glue a GG great weapon blade to a spear, Add some GS to the other side to make it look like a scythe and sculpt the figure a hood, which is relatively easy. Just flatten a ball of GS with about the same size as the head, put it around it and then add structure to it with a sculpting tool or modelling knife until you're happy with the result.

Hope that helps,

Dogmar
Thanks. I looked at the tutorial and it looks, amazingly, way more simple than I thought. I'm going to try it out.

I wonder how it would look by blending the opposite direction? So the end of the weapon and top of the figure is "substantial" (as if the weapon is materializing as it strikes you) and the bottom is "ethereal"?

Data I like the way you’ve done yours, depending on your armies colour theme they could work quit nicely.:thumbsup:

FA yours are just breath taking, a real work of art. :| :| :|

So, I decided to repaint my Wraiths as I had a bit time... Here they are, all six.

And here's the Tomb Banshee.

- Cheers, Skarsnik.

good work Skarsnik, wondering where I've seen the colour scheme before ;) Very well executed and makes for a nice contrast with the water base.

As part of the massive bunch of new photos I've been playing around with, here the old Banshee Queen I used in my old VC Army.... From Reaper Mini's, with a minor conversion/addition of a plastic GW chaos warrior's sword.

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fimg42.imageshack.us%2Fimg42%2F5752%2Fbansheequeen1.jpg&hash=23c339683b2808cc8ea480ceac61a63f

She's still pretty nice... and out of all the "old guard", stands a reasonably good chance of being "recruited" into Giuliana's force if I expand it into a new full fledged VC army.

I feel like I’m repeating my self here but man can you paint, she looks a bit like a giant moth but scary as hell, if I ever met something like that id quickly light up a candle in the hopes of it being distracted and giving me enough time to escape. xD
But again great work their. :thumbsup:

Lynks

Lord of RAW
Staff member

Fallen Angel said:
Dogmar: Yours look great!:thumbsup:

Here are mine, Built from a lot of different kits:

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fimg176.imageshack.us%2Fimg176%2F9661%2Fwraiths3.jpg&hash=2cca5444e08b9a883af228f0d14a4711
Those are amazing! what kits in particular? i believe i can see GG arms, skeletons heads, zombie scythes and what appears to be a lot of greenstuff. :tongue:

this is exactly the look i was hunting for with my wraiths so i would appreciate if you could inform us of the parts you used :devil2:

Thanks! I'm happy to share the recipe with you. What you need is

Skeleton warrior Heads
Grave Guard Great Weapon Arms
Grave Guard Shoulder Pads
Glade Scout Heads
Zombie Scythes
Empire Wizard Bodies
Greenstuff

Lynks

Lord of RAW
Staff member

thank you for your replies veiled and fallen angel, i guess i shall do these when i do my black knights so i can make sure i use the most of each set up :tongue: