• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
Time for a more funny list! So before we lose the Battle Bond from this seasons Battle Traits I wanted to exploit the fact that with Legion of Night we get Vargheists as Battleline and thus Galletian Veterans. The idea is simple: be fast and smash face. Hope you like it! Feedback and ideas are as always welcome :D

Legion of Night Vargheist Spam
Allegiance: Soulblight Gravelords
Lineage: Legion of Night
Grand Strategy: Take What's Theirs

LEADERS
Mannfred von Carstein, Mortarch of Night (380)* - Lore of the Vampires: Amethystine Pinions
Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (435)* - General - Command Trait: Terrifying Visage - Deathlance - Artefact: Shard of Night - Mount Trait: Foetid Miasma - Lore of the Vampires: Amethystine Pinions

UNITS
6 x Vargheists (310)*
6 x Vargheists (310)*
6 x Vargheists (310)*
5 x Blood Knights (195)*

ENDLESS SPELL
Quicksilver Swords (60)

CORE BATTALIONS
*Battle Regiment

TOTAL: 2000/2000 WOUNDS: 113 LEADERS: 2/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 2/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4 ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 1/3 ALLIES: 0/400 REINFORCED UNITS: 3/4 DROPS: 1

MTD

Zombie
Aug 31, 2022
I would sudgest taking Decrepify or Fading vigor for Mani, as you dont have good ways to deal with big monsters.
Also, I would say you are lacking Anvil or sustain. Vargaists die very quickly.
I would change 3or6 and put some summonables to position in first round and allow the Vargeists to come down and hit from behind

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
Unas the slayer Blades of Shyish fits well with the fact that he can teleport away later and that he has a big base, but I don't think extra mortal wounds is what this list needs.

MTD Decrepify sadly only targets heroes so I think it is a bit too narrow. Fading Vigor is a good option though! And regarding getting more summonables... you might be right from a competetive standpoint - but then I wouldn't be fielding 18 Vargheists :D. This list is not something I would ever run at a tournament, more a silly idea to play with the cool options in our book.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiba and MTD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu