• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

black.water

Zombie
Sep 12, 2010
Anyone else find it a bit ridiculous that the skeleton musician has a damn horn, with the lacking lungs and all? ~_~

Im probably gonna convert it to some mean looking drum Dholak with a human face for drumskin or something.. Dholak being a type of drum btw : P

Whatdoyathink?

Aug 16, 2010
I think its pretty awsome. just because you have a physical disability like lack of soft tissue doesnt mean you have to be held back by it.

Nikos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Feb 26, 2010
Plymouth
I guess it just depends on how realistic you want the fantasy to be? Personally I would have gone for a skeleton ribcage xylophone xD

Wiggins

Ghoul
Jun 23, 2010
I've gone one further; I have given my Black Knights (who are headless horsemen, just brettonian knights with no head) musician the normal metal black knights horn.

It's awesome, he's raising it to where his lips would be, but not only is he a skeleton who has neither lips nor lungs, he's not brought his head with him.

Vladimir the bloody

Wight King
Aug 27, 2010
Altea, Alicante, Spain
Actually, the Black magic replaces all the gone skin, flesh, guts, vital organs... So I dont think its unlikely that they can use a horn. And by the way, there banners move in an unnatural wind, so why shouldnt they be able to blow a damn horn?

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
what about the older one with the bag pipes'
Or the reaper one with the flute.

I feel its all part of the dark magic too, how else could the dead get up anyways realisticly our armies wouldnt exist.

I love the drums mine have but I also love the horns they have too. Just because they have them doesnt mean they work it says in there fluff they form regiments as they once did in life. So it stands to reason that maybe there flute's and horns dont make a sound that would be more errie.

black.water

Zombie
Sep 12, 2010
Nikostratus said:
I guess it just depends on how realistic you want the fantasy to be? Personally I would have gone for a skeleton ribcage xylophone xD

Haha that would be amazing.. I might actually have to convert that, having him bending 90 degrees backwards staring at his chest really concentrated

Lord Fear

Master Vampire
True Blood
Aug 15, 2007
...even more, they don't have ears, what does it matter if they make no sound? :D

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
They have horns because horns make the most eery, mournful sound. A drum makes either a savage, primal sound (orcs) or a militaristic marching beat (empire). So the undead have horns, which make creepy mournful dirges empowered by dark magic.
Also, the horns look damn cool.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu