• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

So.....How's Things Going?

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
It's been many many moons since I last logged in, and it's great to see activity is still going on here :)

I'm mindful that the site hasn't been updated in a while, and I'll be honest that I dropped out of the WHGB scene with the introduction of the AoS.

Recently I started feeling the urges to get involved again, and that includes popping along and see how CN is getting on.

So who's around....anyone that remembers me from many years ago? It would be great to see if the site is still used a lot if I'm going to look at doing some technical upgrades :thumbsup:

The God King has returned, finally after all those years, the ones who waited will be rewarded for their patience and faith. All hail DoN! :tongue:

Tbh I'm pretty new here and I was not around when you left, but it's cool to see the original creator (right?) of this forum return!! :)

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
God King....I like it!

Indeed, after many years slumbering I hath returned to a land that is no longer familiar...to see if the followers of Nagash still exist!

As for me being the original creator, whilst I own (and pay) for this dark domain, before my time there was another! Master Vampire was his name, I think he still sleeps.

Well it certainly seems quieter than I remember...I could have my work cut out here! *Rolls up sleeves*

Ohh, interesting, I think you're right about Master Vampire. If I remember correctly his last time here was 2013 xD.

I think (speculation, again, I'm really new to this forum) that with the coming of Age of Sigmar, a lot of people stopped being interested in warhammer and therefore stopped going to this page. And a lot of the people that then got into AoS, found sites like The Grand Alliance Community which is (I think) purely on Age of Sigmar, and started their blogs and stuff there.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Ohh, interesting, I think you're right about Master Vampire. If I remember correctly his last time here was 2013 xD.

I think (speculation, again, I'm really new to this forum) that with the coming of Age of Sigmar, a lot of people stopped being interested in warhammer and therefore stopped going to this page. And a lot of the people that then got into AoS, found sites like The Grand Alliance Community which is (I think) purely on Age of Sigmar, and started their blogs and stuff there.
Thanks for the info, and I'd agree. CN needs an update to better support AoS, and any members who want to help with that would be very much appreciated

Welcome back to the forums DoN, you've been missed :)
Thanks Lynks, really missed you all, had some great laughs. Looking forward to getting stuck in again

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
Welcome back :). It might be a bit quieter, but there are still a number of very interesting discussions going on. An update to support Age of Sigmar more clearly would be welcome, given that this is the direction that GW has chosen to go in. A section for the World That Was would still be advisable in my opinion, but the focus of the forum ought to shift to keep in step with GW now, based on the fact that most who play Warhammer exclusively have migrated elsewhere.

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
As I mentioned in the PM, I am more than willing to help with the graphical side of the update, banners, pictures and whatnot - if there's something like that planned. And I agree that making the site more AoS-friendly is the right thing to do - while keeping the 'oldhammer' part still here, of course.

The main page could certainly use some more clarity, I am often getting confused with all the various sub-sections. Maybe the descriptions should be more visible?

Also, as for promoting the site somehow, I really need to start a page on Pinterest with some hobby highlights from here ;)

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Agree with all the above, a restructure is key, whilst clearly describing what each section is for.

Ideas for promoting the forum are also very welcome! The main thing we need to do is get back up the Google Search engine, we used to be at the top - time to start climbing!

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
I am indeed pleased to be back in action! :perv: I must admit I've never been referred to as a mythical figure, and then God King earlier, not going to be able to get my head out of the doorway shortly! xD

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
*whoop whoop*
Poppin in every now and then isn't so strange in that hobby I think :D

And the same way it went for me, with AoS release, GW was nothing more than a producer of cool minis, every urge to play was dead. And not dead in the good way...

If there is coming a bigger AoS support, maybe we could add some more Kings of War support too, as it might be the big winner of the AoS player loss? Just a suggestion...

But anyway, good to see you around once more!

/edit: Would it be useful to get rid of some unused sub sections?

And the same way it went for me, with AoS release, GW was nothing more than a producer of cool minis, every urge to play was dead. And not dead in the good way...
I understand the frustration but now AoS has become a very different animal, it's almost unrecognizable from its goofy beginning.

We are still enjoining the Legions of Nagash, just a couple of weeks and the new edition will hit the market (giving us the chance to exploit the summoning mechanic of LoN), then we'll have the new nighthaunt battletome.

Things look finally promising for us in AoS universe and i hope we'll have also a renewed interest for the AoS subforum

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
I just don't like the whole system, not only a few aspects of it. And I multibased my whole army, to fit into KoW, there is no chance to change back ;)

After Malign Portents, and with the new Nighthaunt army being featured in the AoS 2.0 box set, I have a feeling the followers of undeath will be pouring out of the woodwork again soon!

Welcome back DoN!

I just came back from a long break when AoS released myself. I do remember you from the forums though I rarely (if ever) piped in. Welcome back and thanks for reminding me that CN exists.

Jon

Mortarch of Salt
True Blood
After Malign Portents, and with the new Nighthaunt army being featured in the AoS 2.0 box set, I have a feeling the followers of undeath will be pouring out of the woodwork again soon!
You are not wrong. The Necroquake has shaken the Realms to their core, and I have risen! Now what's all that bloody noise about?

Voltaire

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Well I certainly remember you but one does when handing over the keys to the kingdom! I still can't read your name without thinking how a Disco of Nagash would actually look.

Shadespire has been the hook that brought me back after the Ynnari got me into 40k. My slow realisation was that my love for the undead hadn't diminished, it had just evolved so seeing what was the root cause of it compelled me to return.

As ever, a pleasure dude.

Mr Saturday

Vampire Count
True Blood
Coughcough! After waking in a long abandoned corner of CN and shaking off the dust I followed the sound of voices, and I see the forum yet lives. It's been a loooooonng time. I've been working on a lot of different projects, but recently came back to the undead with the Sepulchral Guard. With all the Nagash love it's hard to resist.

Last edited:

Jon

Mortarch of Salt
True Blood
Mr. Saturday! I was reading your campaign blog the other day, grand stuff. Glad to see you back in action. (Those Sepulchral Guard are Quite Nice, I agree. Not sure I want to actually play Shadespire but they're nice figures...)

Mr Saturday

Vampire Count
True Blood
That campaign was a bucket list project, I'm glad we did the blog to go with it, it's nice to revisit now and again.