• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

So, what's everyone working on?

The Dark Sheep

Master Vampire
True Blood
I'm working on my blending technique. I came over this wonderful article I had bookmarked some time ago, andt for once an article taught me something about the art of blending (or Feathering as it's apparently called), which every other article or forum thread has failed in doing so far. The reason why it was so good is because it had a water/paint ratio included xD. Anyway I'll start a thread as soon as I've made some progression.

Nice GG there by the way Josef.

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
I'm just trying to get paint on a large amount of models. :D I've got a plog started to that effect. I'm almost done with my second unit of Skellies, and my third is already basecoated, and awaiting the first washes/Drybrushes.

MasterSpark

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
Soren said:
I am working on getting motivated to paint again.
I'm in the same boat as Soren on this. I have the models, I have the paints, now I just need to find that one surge of energy to get cracking. :D

I'm painting a few models at the same time.
Warp Lightning Cannon
5 Nurgle Cultists (acting as Grave Guard in my Nurgling Counts army)
6 LotR dwarf rangers, painted up as part of Thorin's Company (right hood and beard colour)
5 very old skaven models, one from 1985 (titled RATMEN, before they got their name) and four from 1987.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
I'm still waiting to move before I get all my models out and start painting again.............considering get a 40K army though have no idea which one to get......to many choices!!!!

Bug16

Vampire Count
True Blood
I've been painting the house, inside and out. It's been very boring and very time consuming but as of today it's finally over! Woo-hoo!! :D

So, now that 'er indoors is appeased, I'm now back to where I was a while ago looking at three units of skeleton archers. The only bonus is that in that time my unit of 10x lead skeleton archers has, after some ebay wins, become a unit of 20 with full command.

I also keep looking at my Dark Elves and wondering how I'm going to get the skin colour for them done. I've tried many things and nothing looks good on them. The reason that I want to crack on with my DE's is that I know the minute I get the skin right I'll be able to plough through the army as they look exceptionally easy to paint.

Bork

Skeleton
currently repainting my confrontation Uraken samurai goblin army for a tourney at the end of the month.

Raukov

Grave Guard
I'm trying to decide what to paint for a halloween painting comp at my GW. Pretty sure I'll go for the aristocratic vamp, but... decisions

Arion

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Disciple of Nagash said:
Sorry, one army I will be staying away from is marines, not my cup of tea..........
After Gunhearts I have a strange desire to get IG...

I'd reccomend Tau, playing them agressively is extremely fun, and often surprises your opponents. The normal Tau army is a gunline, in comparison, Mech Tau has alot of transports and quite a few battlesuits, anything which can't get the hell out of a given situation is useless (i.e Three basic squads with Devilfish, two Crisis squads, two hammerheads, Pathfinders with fish, a few Pirhannas, scouting Kroot are also good)>
In a way, similar to Wood Elves.

Dark Eldar also look interesting, I have an old article in a WD on how to play them well, and its frightening, after that they didn't look so much like the underdog, though the models are ancient. They also play quite like Woodelves, but with a bit of Khorne thrown in.

I'd advise either of those, just make sure to play agressively, they are much more fun than gunlines.

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
I'm trying to get a hold of some Dark Eldar, but I've got WAY too much to paint as is. Dark eldar look reidiculously easy to paint, though. Prime Black, drybrush purple, highlight Gold/Red/Whatever, Voila. Infantry model done.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Arion said:
Disciple of Nagash said:
Sorry, one army I will be staying away from is marines, not my cup of tea..........
After Gunhearts I have a strange desire to get IG...

I'd reccomend Tau, playing them agressively is extremely fun, and often surprises your opponents. The normal Tau army is a gunline, in comparison, Mech Tau has alot of transports and quite a few battlesuits, anything which can't get the hell out of a given situation is useless (i.e Three basic squads with Devilfish, two Crisis squads, two hammerheads, Pathfinders with fish, a few Pirhannas, scouting Kroot are also good)>
In a way, similar to Wood Elves.

Dark Eldar also look interesting, I have an old article in a WD on how to play them well, and its frightening, after that they didn't look so much like the underdog, though the models are ancient. They also play quite like Woodelves, but with a bit of Khorne thrown in.

I'd advise either of those, just make sure to play agressively, they are much more fun than gunlines.
Cheers for that Arion, that has certainly piqued my interest. Hmmm, I wonder if I can do an evil Tau army......

I'm actually trying to get some cool idea for my varhgulf basing (any suggestions welcomed :mrgreen:). I'm not after some diorama like base (like the fabulous Curse of beers one) but also not simply gluing some corpses to the base.

For DoN, i also play with TAU, and is pretty fun to play. I also have a marine army converted in Gears of War videogame style (a way to play marines without being marines) and if you go for an extra turn, try an entirely kroot army!! (i can give you a link for downloading the kroot army book)

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Having finished basing, i've finished my VC army completely all 3000 points xD

I'm now waiting for some 40k stuff to arive (Although i live within walking distance of warhammer world) I thought i'd order it off a discount site so it's sent all the way to london from down the road then comes all the way back for a 20% discount. :tongue:

Darkos said:
I also have a marine army converted in Gears of War videogame style.
Pictures :konrad: I'm considering doing something similar, but it depends how much effort it takes.

Mounted Vampire, Ghouls with fur cloaks, Vampire on a flying pony, an ethereal vampire for my upcoming Wraith/Banshee unit and my friend's Wood Elf Highborn(e?).

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Hmm, this seems to be a great thread for everyone to just post a little up of what they are doing each day.

Perhaps we should sticky it?

I'm working on the long and overwhelming task of changing my entire Chaos Marines army to the Word Bearers legion. :vampire2:
In the stead of Thousand Son models, use a word bearer's variant.
In the stead of Khorne beserkers, make some Fanatics of some sort.
Make a Dark Apostle. or should I say...Eliphas the Inheritor :vampire3:
Yes, he's from Dawn of War, but he is a very charasmatic and should I say, awesome?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMc5dCC41Ss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOwu8j_KeeA&feature=related
Then there's the mass amounts of painting...:|
Well this shouldn't take long o.o