• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

zer0aim

Zombie
Jul 22, 2010
:Vampire1::Vampire1:

Those are awesoome minis for a starter set!

too bad well never see VCs on one :grave:

Loempiaketzer

Crypt Horror
Mar 14, 2009
Bat country
well,... VC can 'recruit' any startersset so that wouldnt be such a problem :P
also, VC plays too difficult with its crumbling rules to start out with (imho)

the models are quite nice. are they 'all one piece' or are the head/torso/arms/legs separate? (dont think so, but thought i can ask for shure :P)

im sure going to buy that set. (because i have to!) i dont play HE and have some skaven... but i just want a lot of models for my cash. these deals rock, a lot of doods for your bucks.

thanks for the pics.

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jun 9, 2009
Loempiaketzer said:
well,... VC can 'recruit' any startersset so that wouldnt be such a problem :P
also, VC plays too difficult with its crumbling rules to start out with (imho)

I don't think it's too difficuilt, but it just misses too many bits of the game to be good for teaching the game to new players/ giving them a proper feel of the game.

No shooting
No break tests
More complex hero/ lord set ups
There's also a few more things

I think ill be recruiting the box set, plannning to paint them as ghosts to swell up my ranks. It will nearly double my troops :O (Exculding arms/ heads etc raising out the ground) with the ammount of models in the new box.

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
Aug 19, 2007
I think we can expect a boom of HE and Skaven players real soon. Even I started to get the good of twichin' of new army-syndrome when I see those HE models.

I must stay strong!

Fallen Angel

Vargheist
Jun 4, 2009
Trollhättan, Sweden
I really like the sea guards, must get my hands on a lot of those and remove their bows to use as spearmen. However that's about the only ones I really liked, I'm not very fond of the SM's, nor the reavers(seriously, barding on these?) or the griffon rider (the griffon itself is just awesome)

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
Mar 2, 2008
A place somewhere.
I am really liking these models, so much in fact, that is almost enough to make me want to start one of these armies. Almost. :D
I can't say I like the Griffon, though. What is with those massive, claws? Did it just come from its job at a construction contractor as an excavator?

Jan 8, 2010
Yes, they are lovely models,but when it comes right down to it, it's still a box full of girls on chairs screaming "eww a mouse".:tongue:

Zephyr

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Mar 3, 2008
Rotterdam
I'm definitely getting this set. I want to add the Skaven to my Skryre-army as these have that mental steampunk look to them. The HE will be 'killed' and added to my VC. That plastic griffon is just awesome and will make a great mount for my vamp.

Master Vampire

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jul 12, 2007
The Netherlands
Vekarin the Dark Bladed said:
I am really liking these models, so much in fact, that is almost enough to make me want to start one of these armies. Almost. :D
I can't say I like the Griffon, though. What is with those massive, claws? Did it just come from its job at a construction contractor as an excavator?

Indeed, it's too big for my tastes. Or it is taken at a really odd angle.

The rest of the High Elves look pretty cool. Although it is a little weird (and some might call it boasting) to keep your helm in your hands and not on your head!

The models seem very detailed. Even so, I dislike that Rat Ogre. I prefer the other ones, really. Those other 2 Skavens look awesome, though.

Angel

Ghoul
Mar 26, 2010
Sweden
The painted models on the GW site looks fabulous, I'm even starting to like the griffon after seeing it painted.

Hammerthorn

Skeleton
Aug 14, 2009
Basement
Master Vampire said:
Although it is a little weird (and some might call it boasting) to keep your helm in your hands and not on your head!

Tell this guy that.

awww.karoath.com_graphics_gallery_40k_gdmarine1.jpg

*Note, that isn't my model. That's a google search.

Or infact, nearly any Space Marine force commander, lol. I don't understand why you wouldn't wear the helmet if you're opponent has a gun. At least in fantasy, there's less danger of being shot in the head, I guess.

Vlad Von Carstien

Grave Guard
Feb 7, 2010
Hammerthorn said:
Or infact, nearly any Space Marine force commander, lol. I don't understand why you wouldn't wear the helmet if you're opponent has a gun. At least in fantasy, there's less danger of being shot in the head, I guess.

thats why all of my marines have helmets.

Master Vampire

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jul 12, 2007
The Netherlands
Well, that guy just left his home... Which can be discussed to be another level up on the boasting ladder (or not, maybe wants to be swifter... can't really believe that with his power fist). He also stands like 'take a free shot at me, and if you miss, you're toast'. Space Marines are so full of it xD

Anyhow, back on topic. With the release of this box, I can see a lot of players going to the good side and join the HE uber-army band wagon. I don't think anyone can deny they are at least top 5 top tier army (without much tactical brain power needed). Played a 3 way army against Skaven and HE some time ago, and it basically was Skaven sitting back and me and the HE fighting it out. It was because of luck that I won. His Phoenix Guard were also shot down by Skaven Jezzails and with 8th edition I would have been toast easily.

Not sure about Skaven getting better this new edition? Haven't heard much on them in the discussions, from where I get most of my tactical info anyhow (no books anymore! Free at last! :perv:). Nevertheless, Skaven were always fluffy and cool enough, and can be very powerful.

So I think both armies will generate a big influx of new members... Sigh, if only there would be a VC army set (ok ok we can convert everything into the dead, but having our own is more awesome).

Although, I much prefer the Bloodline system coming back than a VC army set... If that happens I might actually go out and play VC...

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
Very nice indeed! This would be a very good box to buy for a sheer increase in Zombies/Modified Grave Guard/Skeletons. I could make a whole crap ton of undead creations out of this set, but quite honestly, I've nearly acquired all of my planned VC purchases. I do not need this many more models to add to VC, and I've already told myself I'm going back to my ogres after this....

Must resist new army syndrome! Must resist!

Brian Mage

Skeleton
Mar 18, 2010
I a HE player, its only recently that i'm VC's now.

Without question i'm having this box set - two reasons
1. cheap boost for my HE army

2. that griffon has "abysall terror" written all over it!

I know AT's are not optimal build for a vamp lord - but it would look so cool- give it some scaley skin or something and its a winner!!!

Dec 22, 2008
Ventura
Indeed...give me some green stuff and that griffon...

oooo....
High Elf Grave Guard anyone? :happy:

Too bad I've already decided that my "Warhammer funds" are being dedicated to my Imperial Fists :(

Jun 29, 2010
Definately doing Swordmaster Grave guard. The only downer is its not very easily justifiable to make elven vampires. An idea I wanted to do, though I can think of ways that some high elves were forced to extend their life through arcane means.

I can think of plenty of ways to do it but if someone knows better through the background and from playing warhammer fantasy roleplay then I have a huge arguement to make.

Abbysal

Crypt Horror
Feb 16, 2010
Beijing
What is with those massive, claws? Did it just come from its job at a construction contractor as an excavator?

I think it was designed along the lines of a Sparrow Hawk the small head and long slender arms and claws. From the side its amazing! I've held it and nearly wet my self it's so beautiful!

I'm going to try to get 2 or 3 boxes. Every miniature in the box is fantastic IMO and I am a really picky git usually.:zombie:

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
I'm getting that, one, for the griffon, and two, I like the Sword Masters for Grave Guard. I wouldn't find it hard to find a narrative to add them :D

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
ooh very nice, though as Vekky says, the Griffon looks odd from that angle o.o Sadly I can't really think of a viable reason to get them for myself, but look forward to seeing what others make of them.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu