• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Space Wolves are Coming!

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
So according to Faeit, Space Wolves are coming. Now I wouldn't usually bother to post a Faeit rumour, but another source on warseer is backing them up with some pretty detailed information.

From "Little Bird" on warseer, we have detailed rumours of 2 new flyers for the Space Wolves- the Stormwolf, an assault transport capable of carrying 16 models, and the Stormfang Gunship, capable of carrying 6 models. My guess is they are together as a dual kit. The Stormwolf is a fast attack choice, the Stormfang a Heavy Support. Both have twinlinked heavy bolters and a Helfrost weapon. The Stormfang has a twin-linked lascannon and the Stormwolf has Stormstrike missiles. Both can swap out the bolters for a fancy missile launcher or for twin-linked multi-meltas.

Helfrost weapons have 2 fire modes- focused and dispersed. Focused is S8 AP1, Dispersed is S6 AP3 Blast.

The Stormwolf has a Helfrost Cannon, the Gunship has a Helfrost Destructor. The Destructor has a large blast for its dispersed mode, and its focused mode has the lance special rule.

Models that suffer unsaved wounds from helfrost weapons have to pass a strength test for each unsaved wound or be removed from play.

Link for more details

Sounds like 2 really, really kick-ass flyers. Those Helfrost weapons sound really, really powerful at taking out multi-wound models (and not too shabby at killing marines!). A Stormfang with twin-linked multi-meltas and its Stormstrike missiles swapped out for a twin-linked lascannon sounds like it would be really harsh on enemy Monstrous Creatures (and tanks).

Lets hope the models are as good as the rules!

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Yeh I saw the pictures earlier and though it was a flying vindicator. :tongue:
Turns out I am not far wrong.

They sound like great armour hunters and for dropping in troops on objectives, just happy that flyers now have to jink before to hit rolls are made.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Behold, the new item of wargear available to Space Wolf Blood Claws!

These furry brass balls, as seen on the cover of White Dwarf, are some kind of battle honour, tokens of merit to symbolize a Blood Claws big, bulging, impressive.... battle prowess!

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
So pictures of the new SW dreadnought kit have surfaced- the new SW dread has two alternate variants- the Venerable dread, which has a Frost Axe & Storm Shield, and the Murderfang- basically a dread with two power claws.

Also buildable with the kit is Bjorn the Fell Handed, who has the traditional claw & assault cannon.

Count michael

The Undead Sparky
God Gw is funny because Logan Grimnar wasn't bad ass enough they gave him a awesome chariot pulled by Wolves beacaues SPACE WOLVES!!!

The new Logan looks pretty awesome just the chariot thing pulled by wolves just seems too cheesy I bet GW will give options so you can take an entire army of only wolf riders.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Yeah, it is all kinds of awful. The Thunderwolf Cavalry I actually liked- this wolf-longboat-sled-sleigh thing I hate.

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
I wonder how that conversation went...
GW1 "So Logan is going ride this chariot powered by advanced anti-grav tech, good, can we sign off on that?"
GW2 "No! We need more wolves! Also, not enough details! You can almost focus on something. More furs, more wolves... wolves... fangs.... wolves..."
GW1 "You ok there, mate?"
GW2 "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooolves!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
*GW1 slowly backs away*
GW2 "MORE WOOOLVES!!!! FURRRRRRRRRrrrr...."