• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Spontaneous Log-off

Fodderboy

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Hello

I was spontaneously logged off in the middle of browsing the rules forum.

Time: just after 7pm ZULU
Browser: IE version 8.00.7601.17514

Thanks for all of your work on this forum.

Lynks

Lord of RAW
Staff member
True Blood
I feel like this is more of a client side issue, some hiccup with your browser or your internet. Is this the first time this has happened?

Fodderboy

Master Necromancer
True Blood
It definitely is for CN.

I don't recall it happening with any other forums.

Lynks

Lord of RAW
Staff member
True Blood
But is this the only instance of this occurring or is it a frequent event? I'm not saying you have any serious problem or criticising you, occasionally you get disconnected from these services every now and then, it's happened to me a few times on different websites and I'm just wondering whether this is a re-occurring issue for you on CN, which would imply an issue with CN.

Fodderboy

Master Necromancer
True Blood
I know debugging these things can be a collossal pain, so the more information you have, the better chance you have of figuring it out.

So far as I know, this is a unique occurrence. Even if I drop my connection, my account is set to 'remember me', so when I fire things back up again, I'm in.

Lynks

Lord of RAW
Staff member
True Blood
Thanks for the information. Unless this is a re occurring problem or others have been experiencing it however, I think I'm going to mark this as unresolved. In the transfer to the new forum software it seems quite unlikely that this oddity will continue if it is a problem of the forum. If it happens again (or to anyone else) be sure to tell me and I'll see what can be done.

Fodderboy

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Fair enough.

One never knows if these things are a symptom of some other problem, so I always fire my reports in to IT.