• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Stephen King's new Vampire-horror comic series

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
Finally! Here we finally get to see that someone gets it.

No more stupid love interest, no more random falling in love with some girl who "just is special" for no other reason than the plot demands her to be. We're back to the mythical dark creatures on the night. Killers, not a collection of emocore-band rejects with a taste for shallow girls. True Blood narrowly escapes this with a decent good cast and a collection of strong characters. I still wonder why the hell Eric Northman inexplicably fell so madly deeply in love with Sookie of whom he'd know for like 5 minutes(but I guess, once again, the plot device demanded it).

Anyways, enough of that drivel!

Stephen King's Intro to 'American Vampire': EW Exclusive!

I am not normally much of a comic fan but this does seem like something I'd like to sink my fangs into.

Hail to the King, baby!

I haven't read much Stephen King, but I'm assured the Dark Tower series is excellent and with the dearth of WHFB DE/VC fiction I'm looking forward to this.

Thanks Danceman, My wife is a Huge SK fan and it's always good to find out about new projects he's involved in. I can see why he got pissed with the current vampire trends. His job is to make the mundane terrifying and people taking the terrifying and making it a lame teenage romance.
"if it runs round the wood and sparkles in the sunlight, Its a Fairy"

If you are looking for a decent Vampire comic, I would also highly recommend Impaler by William Harris.
It has a lot of the traditional background and themes that you would expect from all good Vampire Yarns, but it is also very modern with a few interesting twists. It looks fantastic and is genuinly scary in places... check it out if you can :

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31582