• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Summoning zombies and moving?

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
True Blood
For my first tournament of 2018, I've decided to run Nagash, regardless of what that means for my chances of winning. He's just been in storage for too long.

Anyways, the obvious battleline choice seems to be zombies. I have 470 for summoning and I'm wondering if I summon a unit of zombies to be winthin 1" of another unit of zombies already on the board, then merge the two units into one to create a brand new unit, can this new unit move in the movement phase?

Similarly, if I cast Vanhels on one unit of zombies then merge it with another, would the new unit have Vanhels or not?

I'm 50/50 on this so looking for someone to weigh in.

Last edited:
For my first tournament of 2018, I've decided to run Nagash, regardless of what that means for my chances of winning. He's just been in storage for too long.

Anyways, the obvious battleline choice seems to be zombies. I have 470 for summoning and I'm wondering if I summon a unit of zombies to be winthin 1" of another unit of zombies already on the board, then merge the two units into one to create a brand new unit, can this new unit move in the movement phase?

Similarly, if I cast Vanhels on one unit of zombies then merge it with another, would the new unit have Vanhels or not?

I'm 50/50 on this so looking for someone to weigh in.
I personally am 50/50 on this too. Maybe you should ask GW on Facebook?