• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Summonings by lore of undead and tokens

So how's it gonna be. What is the order when casting summons?
1. Do I have to tell my opponent that "I'm using x token to this spell so I can raise this and that", then roll a dice. Hit or miss, the tokens are gone.

2. Do I roll the dice for the spell compared to it's difficulty of course. If I it's a successful cast, then have to tell my opponent that "I'm using x token to this spell so I can raise this and that" then he/she decide to let it though or dispel it?

3. Or do I roll the dice for the spell compared to it's difficulty of course. If I it's a successful cast, then he/she decide to let it though or dispel it. And after that I tell my opponent that "I'm using x token to this spell so I can raise this and that". So the tokens are not used anytime before I add models on the playground.

Also. Do I have to decide and tell what to summon before my opponent choose to let it through or dispel it? From ryze for example You can summon so many different things like vargheists, crypt horrors, those morghasts etc. What is the correct order?

Demian

Vampire Count
I think its option No. 3:

You cast and declare you're going to summon Infantry. Tokens should be clearly visible at all times, so your opponent should know by how much you could boost the spell's points limit.

If he decides to dispel it, then no tokens are wasted, since it says "succesfuly cast" that means, it was not dispelled.

Then, you decide how many tokens you'll take as you build your new unit up. Your opponent must be aware of what Unit types you can summon, but you decide which Infantry Unit you'll summon at the moment of "building" your Unit. Also, you don't need to declare where in the table you'll place said new unit.

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
I agree with @Demian. You must declare which version of the spell you are casting and what that spell does, but you don't have to declare which unit you will summon, any upgrades, where you will place it, or how many tokens you will use when casting. Many players will know what your best/most likely to be summoned units are already, so they will know which ones they want to attempt to dispel. One guy thought I was going to summon 150 points of Grave Guard and I let him believe it. He figured he could handle that many, but I pulled out a tray of Crypt Ghouls. Sad day for longbeards...