• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Skaramak von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 13, 2007
St Helier
OK - my minis have arrived, but I will be away for a week from tomorrow, so will not be able to get started until then. Ho Hum - first (pre-start) pics will be posted then.

Not the roaring start I had hoped for, but that' life I suppose!

Skaramak von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 13, 2007
St Helier
Thanks, Boo

My target is Malak's Legion of Death from Mantic, which is:

Malak, Vampire Lord on Pegasus
Revenant King
Necromancer Lord
Female Necromancer
Undead Standard Bearer
Revenant Knights (5 Cavalry Figures with Command Group)
2 x Undead Skeleton Regiment (40 Figures with Command Group)
2 x Undead Revenant Regiment (40 Figures with Command Group)
2 x Undead Ghoul Troops (20 Figures)
2 x Balefire Catapult with Crew
1 x Undead Wraith set (5 Figures)

That will be 109 infantry, 5 cavalry, 1 war machine/crew & a vampire on pegasus.

I will also try to do the Mantic Undead Warhost:

1 x Undead Skeleton Regiment (20 Figures with Command Group)
1 x Undead Revenant Regiment (20 Figures with Command Group)
1 x Undead Ghoul Troops (10 Figures)
1 x Balefire Catapult with Crew

If I manage these too, that will be 159 infantry, 5 cavalry, 2 war machines/crew & a vampire on pegasus.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Great to see you Skaramak, it's been a while. Wish you could get on here more! Anyway if you do all them I will be really impressed. xd

Angel

Ghoul
Mar 26, 2010
Sweden
Wow, that's a huge amount of miniatures, I hope that you can make it 'cause it will be awesome the seem them all finished.

Skaramak von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 13, 2007
St Helier
Thanks DoN - I am trying to get on more often. Maybe between the new edition and the ToXG, I can make more time xd

Disciple of Nagash said:
Great to see you Skaramak, it's been a while. Wish you could get on here more! Anyway if you do all them I will be really impressed. xd

Skaramak von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 13, 2007
St Helier
OK - here we go with the first (and easiest) of the pics - the before ones:

ai175.photobucket.com_albums_w123_skaramak_Tale_20of_20X_20Gamers_20100731_Beforewego001.jpg

You can just see the bonus box in the left corner of this one:

ai175.photobucket.com_albums_w123_skaramak_Tale_20of_20X_20Gamers_20100731_Beforewego002.jpg

And this is the three Warhosts:

ai175.photobucket.com_albums_w123_skaramak_Tale_20of_20X_20Gamers_20100731_Beforewego003.jpg

And now the work begins ....

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
Ahhh yes the real work. Looks like your all set for cleaning and assembly. Good luck and look forward to seeing more of them assembled. I got mine in the mail the other day and havent looked at them since. Im still assembeling too, and I must say the mantic figures look better in person so detailed/

Skaramak von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 13, 2007
St Helier
OK -some progress made. 10 skeletons and 10 ghouls assembled. Also trimmed/tidied the first of the Balefires and dry/assembled it.

Now, if I can get my PC and camera to agree to talk to each other, I can post progress update 1

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
communication is the key to any realtionship I hope your camara and computer can work out there diffrences.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
Hahaha :L I hope they don't have a full-blown domestic, that would be terrible. I applaud you, that's a huge undertaking, and I envy you for your Mantic models :( I'm interested, especially, in seeing the ghouls and vamp on pegasus. Hope you do finish them all, that would be mint. :)

Malochai

Skaramak von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 13, 2007
St Helier
Update - 30 ghould assembled - I really like the poses on these, I have to say. You get a real feeling of a swarm of ghouls pouring forward

Pics hopefully to follow.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
Are you going to be doing the Vamp on Pegasus soon? Just wondering, because I'm interested to see how it turns out. Not trying to influence your schedule at all.

Malochai

Skaramak von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 13, 2007
St Helier
I was taking a breath on this one. I am busy much of this coming weekend, but it is calling to me (I suspect a spell of some sort :vampire3:)

I will bring it forward, as I am curious on it too.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
Fair enough. And of course it's calling to you, some vampire's have that innate ability to draw people to them :tongue: I say do what it wants you to :D

Skaramak von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 13, 2007
St Helier
Unpacked it, and it looks very nice. Seems to fit together fairly cleanly, but wings will definitely need pinning, which will slow things down.

I have also started putting together the Revenants (20 in progress). Mulling & tinkering with weapon options, but sword/shield is looking the nicest across the board.

I will keep you updated

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
Well, I'm interested in seeing what they look like, because I may get some, but I would like to see how they rank up with GW ones first, and what they look like themselves. So any updates and pics are appreciated.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Great to see you making progress Skaramak. I think you have the same issue as me with work and family etc. This tale is actually getting me painting though!

I'm looking forward to painting my mantic skellies, look forward to seeing how you far with them. Hurry up with those pics!

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Actually even though the ghouls are the same poses pretty much, they still look great when grouped together. Have you got round to painting yet?

Skaramak von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 13, 2007
St Helier
Not yet, DON.
We were away for a LRP event over the last 5 days, back yesterday and away again today for an Iaido seminar till the middle of next week.

Hope to get to it when back.

Skaramak von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 13, 2007
St Helier
OK - now back, and have been finishing the assembly of the last few skeletons & Revenants from the first batch. I have yet to stat painting, but I am now up to 70 fully assembled.

So, just 106 to go, including the biggies....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu